Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA card - self employed

tag
stefanc
Regular Contributor

USAA card - self employed

Has anyone that is self employed pulled the trigger for any USAA credit cards?

I was wondering what they want for income verification - stated income on the application, tax returns, or?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA card - self employed

I'm not self-employed, but can tell you that USAA didn't ask me for any income verification when I app'd.  Instant approval for 20k.

Message 2 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I am self employed (consultant), and was recently (March), approved by USAA for a 14,200 CL.  The only problem is that because I am not eligible for full membership, theAPR is 18.9%.  I called for recon since my credit is squeaky clean and was told this is the lowest APR for limited members.

I use the card some but always PIF.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

I am self employed (consultant), and was recently (March), approved by USAA for a 14,200 CL.  The only problem is that because I am not eligible for full membership, theAPR is 18.9%.  I called for recon since my credit is squeaky clean and was told this is the lowest APR for limited members.

I use the card some but always PIF.

Thanks Itsmeagain, I generally PIF as well, unless it is a stellar BT or promo deal.

When you applied did you put down "self-employed" as your employer? If so, did they then ask for income docs of any sort?

TIA

Message 4 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Yes, I listed "self employed" and yes, they asked about income but documents were not required (although I have them).

And, you're welcome!

Good luck . . . Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

no one has been able to tell me what this "limited" membership is.  what's the difference, & how do you know?

Message 6 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Limited members have no military connection.  We are not eligible for their insurance and very limited access to credit products with higher interest rates than regular members.  Checking and savings products are available.

You will be notified when you apply for any of their products, what your status is.  Their CS is excellent.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.