Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA chances?

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: USAA chances?

@p- wrote:

2FixMyCredit wrote:  Your USAA, you receive the preapproval in the my offer section?  I'll be keeping an eye on mine but I really doubt I'll be adding an additional credit for atleast a year.  

Yeah, the "My Offers" always has generic stuff they call "Featured Offers" you can apply for, but the real offers come up as a specific card, or car loan, etc.  That's how Wifey got her Platinum, too.  You just click Accept and the rest is magic.  And they seem to like increments of 3,000.

A year is a reasonable wait time, especially if you're working the report like crazy.  If you don't have an offer by then, check out the Capital One Platinum.  People here are pretty down on it but they gave me 3k when I was subprime, and later PC'd me to a green cash with a 10k limit.  And it doesn't have fees.

Definitely, until I receive a pre-approval for something I won't be applying for anything else.  I will be doing what has been otherwise advised here and just gardening what I have, settling the one negative item on my report and just focusing on getting my score up enough to buy a home.

BTW  -  I have been helping my brother clean up his credit.  His EQ is sitting at 614 and he was just approved for USAA for 3k.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 61 of 89
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@p- wrote:

2FixMyCredit wrote:  Your USAA, you receive the preapproval in the my offer section?  I'll be keeping an eye on mine but I really doubt I'll be adding an additional credit for atleast a year.  

Yeah, the "My Offers" always has generic stuff they call "Featured Offers" you can apply for, but the real offers come up as a specific card, or car loan, etc.  That's how Wifey got her Platinum, too.  You just click Accept and the rest is magic.  And they seem to like increments of 3,000.

A year is a reasonable wait time, especially if you're working the report like crazy.  If you don't have an offer by then, check out the Capital One Platinum.  People here are pretty down on it but they gave me 3k when I was subprime, and later PC'd me to a green cash with a 10k limit.  And it doesn't have fees.

Definitely, until I receive a pre-approval for something I won't be applying for anything else.  I will be doing what has been otherwise advised here and just gardening what I have, settling the one negative item on my report and just focusing on getting my score up enough to buy a home.

BTW  -  I have been helping my brother clean up his credit.  His EQ is sitting at 614 and he was just approved for USAA for 3k.

You sure that he was approved at 614? I know for a fact that they will not approve anybody under a 650 no exceptions period. My brother is a underwriter there and he couldnt even help me get approved with scores in the 680"s

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 62 of 89
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Why would I be offended at somebody who is doing something wrong? It's your journey. If you want to use a wrench to hammer nails, then that's all your choice. A wrench can be used as a hammer but there are better tools to use. If you don't open your eyes to other options you are just limiting your own growth.

Do what you wish...it's clear you are going to anyway. Not even sure why you're asking for any kind of advice when you clearly know what you're doing. I love how you're on a forum with tens of 1000's of people who have rebuilt their credit with secured cards but you somehow know better with your Fingerhut account. Fingerhut isn't a bad option if that's your only option (see my signature as proof), but to say it's going to lead you to that Chase Sapphire is just deluding yourself.

I have a Bank Of America CC with 0% interest and no annual fee. 

Also, I have no interest in having a crap ton of CC's period.  I just want to build my credit and get a home, it isn't to get more credit cards.  I don't need them or want them. 

Now, please allow this peasant to enjoy her night, oh kind king of Know It All Land.

Message 63 of 89
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:
Keep up the good work OP! Do whatever works for you. I carried FP and HSBC cards for three years before I graduated to prime cards . It took a while, but I enjoyed the journey on the way! Best of luck in your journey...

Thank you, searchingfor67!  Clearly it can be done, not everyone takes the same path as others.  I just wish certain people would get off my rear end and trying to MAKE me get a secured card. 

Congrats on the prime cards! That is certainly an impressive line up.

Message 64 of 89
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

Hahaha! That is how I feel right now Smiley Wink

Message 65 of 89
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Why would I be offended at somebody who is doing something wrong? It's your journey. If you want to use a wrench to hammer nails, then that's all your choice. A wrench can be used as a hammer but there are better tools to use. If you don't open your eyes to other options you are just limiting your own growth.

Do what you wish...it's clear you are going to anyway. Not even sure why you're asking for any kind of advice when you clearly know what you're doing. I love how you're on a forum with tens of 1000's of people who have rebuilt their credit with secured cards but you somehow know better with your Fingerhut account. Fingerhut isn't a bad option if that's your only option (see my signature as proof), but to say it's going to lead you to that Chase Sapphire is just deluding yourself.

Also, I have no interest in having a crap ton of CC's period.  I just want to build my credit and get a home, it isn't to get more credit cards.  I don't need them or want them. 

No, please allow this peasant to enjoy her night, oh kind king of Know It All Land.

So I want to know about the blatant lie on the USAA approval, nobody gets a 3k limit with USAA at 614 !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 66 of 89
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

No, please allow this peasant to enjoy her night, oh kind king of Know It All Land.

Secured card could get you in that home much faster.

LOL okay I shall leave you to enjoy your night. Good luck in your journey and I wish you nothing but success in getting your house.

Message 67 of 89
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

So I want to know about the blatant lie on the USAA approval, nobody gets a 3k limit with USAA at 614 !

Blatant lie?  I suppose you're entitiled to your opinion but it is in fact true.  I would upload proof, but I have nothing to prove to you.  You choose to believe it or not.

Message 68 of 89
dodgeball
Established Contributor

What part of you dont understand in the little underwriting book at USAA they have Guidelines on how to approve credit. Under those Guidelines it says under 650 is a denial. Whatever enjoy your night

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 69 of 89
p-
Valued Contributor

2FixMyCredit yelled:  I have a Bank Of America Card

Augh, my eyes!

You know what you need?  This thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Profile-tweaks/m-p/1864003

Once your BofA card is your sig maybe it will help.

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Message 70 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.