Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA credit cards

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA credit cards

@LS2982 wrote:

So I went to long in to my new account online and its says "Due to security reasons, your access to usaa.com has been restricted"

Anyone ever have this happen?

No,  you need to call them.

Ron.

Message 41 of 70
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

So I went to long in to my new account online and its says "Due to security reasons, your access to usaa.com has been restricted"

Anyone ever have this happen?

I put your phrase into google and someone got his account revoked.

link:

http://ask.metafilter.com/154721/USAA-is-screwing-me-over-what-can-I-do

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/creditcard/message-id/296332/pri...

Ron.

Message 42 of 70
themeggerz
New Contributor

I just opened a USAA account - sav and chk - and my husband is AD military (Navy serving in afghanistan).

CMS was super nice and helpful. Did an insurance quote but it's a LOT higher than my current insurance.

However, they said for the CC they need to go to "underwriting".  Guess I'm not getting it .... thats the only reason I opened the accounts.

I have NFCU (who just approved a CLI from 1000 -> 3000 for a nRewards card).  I wanted to transfer away from NFCU but if USAA isn't going to allow me a credit card, they've lost my business.

Side note, I work in a CU as a project manager so I had a great rapport with the CMS person - it was a fun convo.  I LOVED the people I was talking to - but if I'm not cutting the mustard to them financially, I dont want to hold up my deposits with them.

SCORES (2/2013): EX 795 TU 717 EXP 726
Goal: 800+ and Gardening

Wallet: NavyFed 15k AMEX BCE 2k Discover 3k BOA 5k
CapitalOne 2250 HSBC RZM 950 Best Buy SC 2900
GEMB/Paypal 3700 Merrick Bank 1k Zales 2k Barclays 1300 GEMB/AJMadison 3600 Walmart 800 VS 500 NY&CO 400
Message 43 of 70
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@themeggerz wrote:

I just opened a USAA account - sav and chk - and my husband is AD military (Navy serving in afghanistan).

CMS was super nice and helpful. Did an insurance quote but it's a LOT higher than my current insurance.

However, they said for the CC they need to go to "underwriting".  Guess I'm not getting it .... thats the only reason I opened the accounts.

I have NFCU (who just approved a CLI from 1000 -> 3000 for a nRewards card).  I wanted to transfer away from NFCU but if USAA isn't going to allow me a credit card, they've lost my business.

Side note, I work in a CU as a project manager so I had a great rapport with the CMS person - it was a fun convo.  I LOVED the people I was talking to - but if I'm not cutting the mustard to them financially, I dont want to hold up my deposits with them.

The people affiliated with USAA are very friendly and never seem to be in any hurry to end conversation. Smiley Happy

The holds didn't last very long for me.

Also, after having the CC a while my daily deposit limit was increased from $5K to $10K. All I need now is for someone to give me $10K!! Smiley Happy

I'd say to be patient because their service is worth it in the long run. That being said, NFCU seems to be pretty generous with credit limits so it's pretty hard to imagine USAA beating what they'd offer in the short term.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 70
john398
Senior Contributor

Speaking of USAA  my paycheck actually goes in a fuill business day early with them.....its really nice

Message 45 of 70
chromonso1
Established Member

I used to consider leaving USAA for NFCU or any bank really because USAA gave me crappy limits on my cards. But at the end of the day I figure that I have so many other products with them and the service is great (the website is the best part). NFCUs site pretty much sucks in comparison; i'm not sure how they got away with it really. Also remember USAA touts itself for its strength amongst banks; NFCU hands out generous CLs but sometimes I wonder I mean you have people on this site daily who say "Oh my gosh NFCU just approved me for a 20k CL with a freshly signed bankruptcy and 7 maxed out starter secured cards from orchard and first premier !" which I guess its good for the CU if they keep doing it but.... it's not exactly a good benchmark for others to go by. I guess the best way to say it is what someone else posted a while ago: usaa won't really let you get in credit trouble because they'll leash you from the start.

Message 46 of 70
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@chromonso1 wrote:

I used to consider leaving USAA for NFCU or any bank really because USAA gave me crappy limits on my cards. But at the end of the day I figure that I have so many other products with them and the service is great (the website is the best part). NFCUs site pretty much sucks in comparison; i'm not sure how they got away with it really. Also remember USAA touts itself for its strength amongst banks; NFCU hands out generous CLs but sometimes I wonder I mean you have people on this site daily who say "Oh my gosh NFCU just approved me for a 20k CL with a freshly signed bankruptcy and 7 maxed out starter secured cards from orchard and first premier !" which I guess its good for the CU if they keep doing it but.... it's not exactly a good benchmark for others to go by. I guess the best way to say it is what someone else posted a while ago: usaa won't really let you get in credit trouble because they'll leash you from the start.

I'm glad it's not just me that surprises, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 47 of 70
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Well i guess i'm second class then!

Me too!

I've been "second class" all my life, which always gives me something to look forward to when working to.  This makes being second class better than most, in my book!

Message 48 of 70
bdp02
Established Member

@Duke-of-Earl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I didn;t know USAA allowed people who aren't affiliated with the military get in with them, a co-worker told me today. I opened a checking account with them today.

How are their credit cards?? Any idea who they pull and are they generous with CL's?

I have their WMC.  They pulled from EQ, as others have reported.  I got a $20K CL to start with, almost a year ago.  No CLI, but I don't need one and haven't asked.  It may be relevant that I also have a mortgage with USAA, closed in August 2010.

USAA gave me a pretty generous CLI last month, but I had to call in to request it.  While chatting with the CSR, he commented that USAA has really cut back on automatic increases.  Just FYI for anyone out there waiting.  Years ago it wasn't unusual to get two automatic CLI's in one year.

Message 49 of 70
logan_720
Established Contributor

@themeggerz wrote:

They never had your business to lose Smiley Tongue

Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.