cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA credit score for a credit card?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?

@corymcd88 wrote:

@eparker wrote:

@They pull EQ.  if your score is decent you should get approved.  I had a few baddies and I have two cards with them.  A mastercard @ $1500 and a secured Amex @ $500.  If you are denied they may give a counter offer.  I talked to CSR about credit increases, and they dont want to see your cards maxed out.  I have an active collection on EQ and was approved with USAA.  

Their secured cards dont graduate and you have to reapply for another card.  If you can get one, go for it.  When I apped with them my EQ was around 650.

Good luck....

I want an amex so bad, love the deal you get with amex. I hope I do. What Mastercard was it?

USAA offered both secured Mastercard and Amex  by opening  2 YR. CD.  You might have a better chance  to get unsecured card by having their secured for a year.

Ron.

Message 31 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Have you tried to apply for Cap1? You might get lucky to get their lower end card. Have you tried their pre-qualifier on the website?

Ron.

I have a cap one. Cash back. Just trying to replace credit one.

Message 32 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@eparker wrote:

@They pull EQ.  if your score is decent you should get approved.  I had a few baddies and I have two cards with them.  A mastercard @ $1500 and a secured Amex @ $500.  If you are denied they may give a counter offer.  I talked to CSR about credit increases, and they dont want to see your cards maxed out.  I have an active collection on EQ and was approved with USAA.  

Their secured cards dont graduate and you have to reapply for another card.  If you can get one, go for it.  When I apped with them my EQ was around 650.

Good luck....

I want an amex so bad, love the deal you get with amex. I hope I do. What Mastercard was it?

USAA offered both secured Mastercard and Amex  by securing  2 YR. CD.

Ron.

What kind of member do you need? When I was not login It was thier but after I logen it was gone. All I want is to get a credit card with no AF.

Message 33 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 

Message 34 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 

Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.

Message 35 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@eparker wrote:

Good luck....

USAA offered both secured Mastercard and Amex  by securing  2 YR. CD.

Ron.

What kind of member do you need? When I was not login It was thier but after I logen it was gone. All I want is to get a credit card with no AF.

What kind did you see after you logged in?  They might approved you plain Mastercard  with high APR.  I have seen people got approved for plain Visa/MC with high APR.  They might not give you Amex.

Ron.

Message 36 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.

May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

Ron.

Message 37 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

Ron.

I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.

They probably do but do you really want to waste an INQ now with possible denial ? or increase your chances of approval after removing the invalid CO you claim

Message 39 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

They probably do but do you really want to waste an INQ now with possible denial ? or increase your chances of approval after removing the invalid CO you claim

That is what I was thinking, But I have to wait one more year on the co.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.