Reply
Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 


Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.


May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

 

 

Ron.


I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.


Have you tried Merrick Bank?  I heard they're pretty easy to get. For the USAA credit card, you have to try it to see if they approve it. You don't try. You never know. It's going to gain 1 more inquiry to know the result.   What is your credit utilization?  How may inquiries do you have within 6 months? USAA hates too many inquiries and high utilization. It is  not all above score. They also look at your annual income and how long is your credit history.

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
corymcd88
Posts: 806
Registered: ‎12-12-2011

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 


Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.


May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

 

 

Ron.


I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.


Have you tried Merrick Bank?  I heard they're pretty easy to get. For the USAA credit card, you have to try it to see if they approve it. You don't try. You never know. It's going to gain 1 more inquiry to know the result.   What is your credit utilization?  How may inquiries do you have within 6 months? USAA hates too many inquiries and high utilization. It is  not all above score. They also look at your annual income and how long is your credit history.

 

 

Ron.


Uti: 8%. Inq's: eq 10.Five years credit history. Merrick Bank only secured cards, if you have an offer then you can get one with out.

Walmart / SYNCB - 3,300/6,000, JCP MasterCard / SYNCB - 1,000, Dillard's / SYNCB - 3,000, Amazon / SYNCB - 1,500, Chevron / SYNCB - 1,000, Belk / SYNCB - 3,000, Aeromexico Visa / US Bank - 300, Capital One - 500/1,700, Bank Of America 123 Cash Back - 2,500, Wells Fargo - 300, AMEX ZYNC - NPSL, AMEX Gold Card - NPSL, AMEX Hilton HHonours - 2,000, USAA AMEX - 250, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - 23,400.
Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 


Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.


May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

 

 

Ron.


I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.


Have you tried Merrick Bank?  I heard they're pretty easy to get. For the USAA credit card, you have to try it to see if they approve it. You don't try. You never know. It's going to gain 1 more inquiry to know the result.   What is your credit utilization?  How may inquiries do you have within 6 months? USAA hates too many inquiries and high utilization. It is  not all above score. They also look at your annual income and how long is your credit history.

 

 

Ron.


Uti: 8%. Inq's: eq 10.Five years credit history. Merrick Bank only secured cards, if you have an offer then you can get one with out.


Utilization is a kind of high  10 inquiries is too many within 6 months or a year.  I agreed with fusioncredit and you have to get rid of false to get some decent card.  I got denied for the USAA Platinum Card over the phone a few years ago.  If you are a full military member,  you might be able to get approved for their card.

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?

One more thing:

 

Have you tried to pre-qualified for Orchard Bank Unsecured Visa Card?  No more hard pull. They soft pulled your EQ to see if you're qualified for their unsecured card. So you don't waste hard pull unless you apply for the card.

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
fusioncredit
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


corymcd88 wrote:

fusioncredit wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 


Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.


May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

 

 

Ron.


I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.


They probably do but do you really want to waste an INQ now with possible denial ? or increase your chances of approval after removing the invalid CO you claim


That is what I was thinking, But I have to wait one more year on the co.


If the CO is truly not yours then you shouldn't have to wait a year to have it removed. File a police report on the CO due to identity theft and make at least 3 copies...send to each CRA to remove the CO. Once you get the updated report then go apply for the cards you are interested in. Before then you are just shooting yourself in the foot. 


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?

Fusioncredit,

 

He wanted to get some kind of unsecured credit to replace his over-priced Credit one rip-off card today.  I suggest him to try Orchard Classic Visa to see if he qualify thru pre-qualifer without any hard pull.

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
fusioncredit
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


Ron1 wrote:

Fusioncredit,

 

He wanted to get some kind of unsecured credit to replace his over-priced Credit one rip-off card today.  I suggest him to try Orchard Classic Visa to see if he qualify thru pre-qualifer without any hard pull.

 

 

Ron.


I don't blame him wanting to get rid of the Credit One but it would only take a few weeks at most to clear up the invalid CO and then he would be better off with applying for some good cards.


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


fusioncredit wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Fusioncredit,

 

He wanted to get some kind of unsecured credit to replace his over-priced Credit one rip-off card today.  I suggest him to try Orchard Classic Visa to see if he qualify thru pre-qualifer without any hard pull.

 

 

Ron.


I don't blame him wanting to get rid of the Credit One but it would only take a few weeks at most to clear up the invalid CO and then he would be better off with applying for some good cards.


+1.

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
fusioncredit
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


Ron1 wrote:

fusioncredit wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Fusioncredit,

 

He wanted to get some kind of unsecured credit to replace his over-priced Credit one rip-off card today.  I suggest him to try Orchard Classic Visa to see if he qualify thru pre-qualifer without any hard pull.

 

 

Ron.


I don't blame him wanting to get rid of the Credit One but it would only take a few weeks at most to clear up the invalid CO and then he would be better off with applying for some good cards.


+1.

 

 

Ron.


I'm glad you agree :smileywink:


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
corymcd88
Posts: 806
Registered: ‎12-12-2011

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?


fusioncredit wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

fusioncredit wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 


Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.


May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

 

 

Ron.


I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.


They probably do but do you really want to waste an INQ now with possible denial ? or increase your chances of approval after removing the invalid CO you claim


That is what I was thinking, But I have to wait one more year on the co.


If the CO is truly not yours then you shouldn't have to wait a year to have it removed. File a police report on the CO due to identity theft and make at least 3 copies...send to each CRA to remove the CO. Once you get the updated report then go apply for the cards you are interested in. Before then you are just shooting yourself in the foot. 


I was never told that I could do that. Thanks!

Walmart / SYNCB - 3,300/6,000, JCP MasterCard / SYNCB - 1,000, Dillard's / SYNCB - 3,000, Amazon / SYNCB - 1,500, Chevron / SYNCB - 1,000, Belk / SYNCB - 3,000, Aeromexico Visa / US Bank - 300, Capital One - 500/1,700, Bank Of America 123 Cash Back - 2,500, Wells Fargo - 300, AMEX ZYNC - NPSL, AMEX Gold Card - NPSL, AMEX Hilton HHonours - 2,000, USAA AMEX - 250, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - 23,400.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+