Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA curiosity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA curiosity

@boireann wrote:

I sent them an email.  It was a generic reply that didn't say much of anything other than I can apply for a card.    Made me laugh to get the response.  I don't think I'm going to apply for it.  I'm still in gardening mode until the other two cards turn two years old.  At that point I'll revisit USAA, Navy and PenFed CC programs again.

I'm not a full member because my father, for some reason he won't share with me, refuses to use their insurance products even though they've been his bank as long as I can remember.  Stubborn man. I would LOVE to have my car and homeowners insurance through them!  My guess is that preapprovals only go to full members.

I am curious what their criteria is for the card though?  Minimum score specifically.  And who do they pull?

Has anyone applied for their card(s) since the credit reform changes in February?

Hard pulls are always EQ, but for some reason they love to soft EX.  The pre-approvals are based on EX softs and then when you accept / apply they do a hard on EQ.

@I am not sure what their FICO requirements are and I believe it even depends on your membership status.  Coming up on a year ago I accepted their AmEx on a pre-approval @ $25k with a FICO of 730ish and then two minutes later I thought the MasterCard would probably be better so I did a direct apply and got another $25k.

Just two months ago I called to ask about s supplemental card for my son and wanted to see if they, like one of my other banks, could issue a supplemental, but let me assign only a portion of the CL to the supplemental cardholder.  They said they didn't have that ability, but suggested I apply for another card and specifically request a low limit.  I did, asked for $3k and got it.  FICO was 716, no baddies, 2 recent INQs out of 8 over the past year.

YMMV

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.