Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

USAA full membership

Without joining the service, what options are there for full USAA membership? My NFCU membership is because my grandfather retired from the Army.
Revelate

Re: USAA full membership

Your grandfather would need to establish an account as well with USAA.  I'd be a little surprised if he didn't have one already for insurance.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Crashem

Military and veterans and their spouses.  Also, children of members.  So you would need grandfather or grandmother to join.  Your parents to join then you could.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
New Contributor
haiti222

[ Edited ]

At the very least, the grandparent purchasing property and casualty insurance would be involved as well. One of your parents might have to as well. "Full membership" that can be passed down is obtained by purchasing property and casualty insurance. "Insurance-eligible" membership allows you to have full banking services, but you cannot pass it down to the next generation without buying P&C insurance, I believe.

USAA is not a credit union. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+