Contributor

USAA introduces a new card

USAA cash back plus rewards amex card

5% cash back on gas! cap @3k spend per year

2% cash back on groceries @ 3k spend cap per year

1% all else.

0% APR until sept 2015 too.

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA introduces a new card

Can you please posta link to this card information.

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pkosheta wrote:

USAA cash back plus rewards amex card

@5% cash back on gas! cap @3k spend per year

@2% cash back on groceries @ 3k spend cap per year

1% all else.

0% APR until sept 2015 too.

That seems pretty unexciting!  Sallie Mae gives 5% back on both gas and groceries up to $3K a year each (well, with a $250 limit), and in addition 5% on Amazon/bookstores.  And if one is much more important, many choices that do better on one of the categories

Message 3 of 14
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Did you see this online? I just logged in and checked out the credit cards , only saw the same amex i always see 2.25% rewards and thats it. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 4 of 14
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I don't see it online either.  Was this information in a mail promotion?

Message 5 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

Did you see this online? I just logged in and checked out the credit cards , only saw the same amex i always see 2.25% rewards and thats it. 

+1

Message 6 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

That seems pretty unexciting!

It's a step up for USAA.  Their rewards have never been all that great.  However, they were generous with limits and APR's when I was rebuilding.  FWIW, I'm a full member and I'm not sure if offers differ for those that aren't full members.

@awp317 wrote:

I'm not seeing it either.  Must be a targeted offer or something they're slowly rolling out.

Message 7 of 14
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Agreed the caps don't make this card particularly spectacular, but for those who are within the caps (and have other cards to pick up the excess), this is a good PenFed replacement.

I don't see the card online either.  Would be curious to see if anyone tweets or e-mails them to ask.

Message 8 of 14
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I got this as an email offer. Was considering applying to use this for a balance transfer. Amex wont backdate this because it is trhough USAA correct?

I am thinking of swapping my balance off of chase freedom to this card.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 9 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

I got this as an email offer. Was considering applying to use this for a balance transfer. Amex wont backdate this because it is trhough USAA correct?

I am thinking of swapping my balance off of chase freedom to this card.

You are correct. There is no backdating for this card

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.