Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA is not open to everyone anymore

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

USAA is not open to everyone anymore

I log in online, and I click on the credit card link and get this:

Sorry, we can't provide this product to you.

USAA Bank products are only available to military members, veterans who have honorably served, and their eligible family members.

I clicked on their checking and savings account link and get the same thing. So apparently USAA has become just like NFCU.

Also, I logged out and clicked join USAA and it asks you how you are eligible, if you click none of the above, it gives the same message.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA is not open to everyone anymore

That's a pretty big change.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 65
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

IDK I think its fair, I have no family thats in the military but thats who those banks serve.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 65
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Yeah, noticed that yesterday too..  Apparantly now partial members arent eligable for any banking products at all .  Looks like partial members cans till open investment accounts, but no banking (ie checking/ credit cards/ auto loans)

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 65
toppers555
Established Contributor

Looks like your correct. I was a non full member ,and It looks like I have access to all products now.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 5 of 65
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Yeah, noticed that yesterday too..  Apparantly now partial members arent eligable for any banking products at all .  Looks like partial members cans till open investment accounts, but no banking (ie checking/ credit cards/ auto loans)

How does someone know if they are a full member or partial member?  I went onto the website and I didn't notice any changes and I only have 2 cc with them.

Message 6 of 65
toppers555
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Chaos122 wrote:

How does someone know if they are a full member or partial member?  I went onto the website and I didn't notice any changes and I only have 2 cc with them.

if you are non miltary you are partial. looks like it lets me into more products but still no go for the insurance.  Also I am able to apple for all cards but  I just recently open 2 so i can not test it.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 7 of 65
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Chaos122 wrote:

if you are non miltary you are partial. looks like it lets me into more products but still no go for the insurance.  Also I am able to apple for all cards but  I just recently open 2 so i can not test it.

I am non military but I joined though my father who was in the korean war.  I guess that makes me a partial member then.  I click on any link for quotes for insurance (life or auto) and no message comes up that I can't do it.

Message 8 of 65
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Chaos122 wrote:

I am non military but I joined though my father who was in the korean war.  I guess that makes me a partial member then.  I click on any link for quotes for insurance (life or auto) and no message comes up that I can't do it.

You are a full member through your dad. I got in the same way and have insurance, a car loan and two creditcards atm.

Message 9 of 65
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Chaos122 wrote:

You are a full member through your dad. I got in the same way and have insurance, a car loan and two creditcards atm.

I am a partial member and was able to go through the quote process for insurance without erroring out...

Message 10 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.