Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA is not open to everyone anymore

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA is not open to everyone anymore

@RemyWinchester wrote:

I really like USAA and always have. But they truly baffle me sometimes. In the last three years they have gone completely over-board on national advertising with the campaign of "committed to serving active duty and veterans" but in reality they opened up to anyone. As a result they had to out-source their customer service. 

Another aspect if you're interested is to look up the campaign contributions USAA makes and especially what they did prior to the 2012 elections.  So instead of increasing interest rates on deposits, or lowering interest rates on loans, USAA spends a fortune on advertising and campaign contributions, but hey, at least I get USAA magazine monthly!

If Navy doesn't continue or doesn't keep a tight leash on membership control they will become just like USAA. 

Roomates is a tight leash?

USAA lets in those who have honorably served.

Navy would have to significantly change policies, tighten lending policies, and allow those with service-connected disabilities to catch up with USAA.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 65
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Join USAA by clicking American Legion.org. I don't know if it is going to work.

link:

http://www.legion.org/usaa/eligibility

Ron. 

This does not allow you to join USAA through the American Legion.  If you open an account with USAA they will contribute money to the American Legion.

Message 62 of 65
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

damn...i missed this one Smiley Sad

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 63 of 65
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Just want to clearify what a full member is.

A full member is somebody who is active duty, or has honorably served.

A family member can become a full member if the sponsor has an insurance product. Being a child of somebody who has served does not make you a full member. That parent must have had an insurance product and USAA must verify. If the parent does not want to switch their policies to grant the child full membership. They can simply and cheaply get coverage for personal property.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 64 of 65
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

thread is locked and under mod review.LIGHTNIN, myFICO moderator

Please remember to be friendly, supportive and respectful!

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 65 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.