Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
jenrette
Valued Member

Re: USAA is too funny

I've been a member since 2006. They have denied me on EVERYTHING. I have been in good standing and the only thing I have managed to do is raise my CC with them from $500, to $1000. I avoid them when it comes to credit products.

-- 3/7/09 TU: 759 3/8/09 EQ: 730
Message 12 of 15
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

How did you get the AmEx application as a limited member?  All I can see to app for is the MC :-(
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used this one. https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=banking_credit_cards_amex
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Achase wrote:
yup USAA either wants a full banking relationship or relationship at all

I don't think so.

I have never had any banking relationship with them.  In fact, up until a couple of years ago I never even knew they had branched into banking.  Without having any banking products and without having had insurance through them for at least the past 5 years, all of a sudden I get an e-mail from them saying that my pre-approved USAA AmEx offer will expire in 2 more weeks. 

I'm fairly certain they look at many things such as curreent military status, pay grade and duty assignment in addition to credit scores.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.