Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA just lost my business

tag
Varakai
New Contributor

USAA just lost my business

After not apping since April I pulled the trigger on of their CC and was instantly denied. Scores are in my signature.Util 4%. Have the following products with them: Checking, Savings, Brokerage and IRA... Their reasons for denying were completely and utter bogus reasons. No manual underwriting provided. I'm pissed and I'm pulling it all and going to Delta Airlines Federal Credit Union or Wings Financial.

Starting Score: 500’s
Current Score: EQ Fico 707 TU Fico 737 TU08 Fico (Wal-Mart)736 EX Fico 733
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA just lost my business

What were the completely and utterly bogus reasons?  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 7
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

What were the completely and utterly bogus reasons?  

Yes, please share.  Also, did you talk to anyone there about your denial and their reasonings?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'm sorry to hear that this happened, but don't you think it would be worth a few minutes of your time to call them on Monday morning and recon, before you close everything ??
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
quest208
Frequent Contributor

What was the reason??

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 5 of 7
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that. I would be pissed too.

Unfortunately, this all goes back to what I've always said; we're nothing but a 3 digit number to a bank In most cases, it really doesn't matter if you have a million dollars in an account with a bank. If your credit score isn't high enough, they will decline you for credit. Period. I've seen this happen over and over again. The banks only check credit reports in most cases. A person with a $50K per year income and excellent credit will be approved before someone who earns $1 million per year and has lousy credit.

It definitely won't hurt to try and recon. I would go for it. Good luck.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 6 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I would be pissed too.

Unfortunately, this all goes back to what I've always said; we're nothing but a 3 digit number to a bank In most cases, it really doesn't matter if you have a million dollars in an account with a bank. If your credit score isn't high enough, they will decline you for credit. Period. I've seen this happen over and over again. The banks only check credit reports in most cases. A person with a $50K per year income and excellent credit will be approved before someone who earns $1 million per year and has lousy credit.

It definitely won't hurt to try and recon. I would go for it. Good luck.

UM

I understand your fustration and I would be pretty upset also if you bank with them, etc.....

Annual Income and HHI is not the whole story and you already knew that.

But any time a lender refused credit, there's always a reason(s) why. Maybe wait for the declined letter and see what is listed.

If all of those are false and you felt you didn't get a fair shaked, call them up and go over the declined remarks.

Best way to recon imo....or if you call over the phone and the CSR can tell you why you were declined.

Just have all infor and be prepare to fax or send additional documents require.

GL and for you to do this much business with them, I am pretty much shocked to see why they would turn away your business.

Last thing...go over the reports USAA pulled to check for errors and to make sure they pulled your latest report too!

I've heard horror stories, one example was an applicant credit report that the lender pulled was 60 days old and it showed his util % was too high.

He faxed in his updated report and was approved through recon.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.