cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA 'made' me app....approved for $20,000 each x 2 (MC & AMEX)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA 'made' me app....approved for $20,000 each x 2 (MC & AMEX)

I was done with all apps.  Really and truly.

But, I just began banking with USAA, moved all my insurance products to them (auto, home, valuables, umbrella, flood, life).

However, I didn't have Deposit@Home available (edeposit).

I called in and asked why?  And they explained that Deposit@Home (edeposit) is a available to credit qualified members, and that I would need to apply for credit.

Hmmm....I really like edeposit.  I'm hooked on it now.  So I said, okay.

World Mastercard (Cash) APPROVED for $20,000.

Asked if I wanted an AMEX too.  I asked if it will result in another hard pull - they said no....okay, why not.

APPROVED AMEX (Cash) for $20,000.

So honest, HTSU, USAA made me do it Smiley Wink

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-30-2009 01:48 PM
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: USAA 'made' me app....approved for $20,000

They're brutal that way! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats and welcome (again) to the fam.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far the only downside to USAA is they don't offer HSA accounts. 

So I guess I'll put that with Alliant who pays 3.5% on HSA, which is pretty good rates.  But Alliant doesn't administer HSA internally, it's done third party and Alliant online is pretty antiquated.  But I do like Alliant eDepositPlus!!!!

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's just great, John. Those are terrific limits.

Like you, I've used & fallen in love with Alliant's eDepositPlus, so I have no trouble understanding why you'd want USAA's Deposit@Home service.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

DW recently opened Alliant (had to manual on phone, online couldn't verify ID for some reason).  But eDeposit isn't available since she didn't app for credit.  Main purpose is for HSA.  But I guess she'll go ahead and do a CC with them so she can access eDepositPlus.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other qualifier for deposit at home, last I checked was you have to be a "full" member- Not that you aren't  just so anyone reading won't get the wrong idea.
Message 6 of 24
Established Contributor

Wow txjohn!

How nice is that! So I understand clearly, you actually received 40k worth of credit in one phone call?

I  joined USAA, sent them 5 figures of deposit, and then realized I was not a "full" member so I closed my savings account with them as I could not qualify for any of their insurance products. I understand I could apply for a credit card without being a full member though.

Congratulations! I sure wish I could be a full member of USAA Smiley Sad an outstanding FSB ( I think that is their status) 

Message 7 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Nice apps Tx.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticman wrote:

Wow txjohn!

I  joined USAA, sent them 5 figures of deposit, and then realized I was not a "full" member so I closed my savings account with them as I could not qualify for any of their insurance products. I understand I could apply for a credit card without being a full member though.

I think their credit products have higher rates then Full members and you may not be able to get on eof the cards they offer.

Message 9 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Nice approvals, txjohn! Congrats!

(Did you see the current thread which contains instructions on how set up an AAoA calculation in Excel?)   Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.