cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA 'made' me app....approved for $20,000 each x 2 (MC & AMEX)

tag
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Re: USAA 'made' me app....approved for $20,000 each x 2 (MC & AMEX)

hey txjohn,

When you go to the credit card section, does it list all of their cards for you?  Everytime I go there, it only lists the mastercard for OCS students and the Amex - I called USAA twice on this and they cant figure out why, however, Im guessing its an issue on how they coded me at first application.  I say this only because they still have me listed as a Lt in the marine corp and have not been that rank for oh, 7 years? Everytime i app for something, i have to call in and I know a CSR would not be as slap-happy as the site on giving 40k of credit in one call... lol

Congrats!! 

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I look at CC's available, I saw only World MasterCard and AMEX.

If you call in you should be able to get a CSR to update your military status.  I did yesterday.

Message 22 of 24
akindofmagic
New Contributor

Gosh txj, I only hope you can recover from these new (and may I say fabulous) sources of credit that will only brighten an already well-lit credit picture.

Message 23 of 24
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA 'made' me app....approved for $20,000

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:
OMG! I wish banks were that generous.  Do you think your income is what contributed to the high limits?  Have you already had other cards with higher limits?
Message Edited by DI on 08-30-2009 02:38 PM

I have to assume that income has a significant play in this.  If I only made $30-40k per year, I doubt they would have started with those CL's....but I really don't have any experience here.

I have a $25,000 NFCU CL Visa, $20,000 with PSECU and $15,000 NFCU Navcheck.  So far NFCU and USAA have been the most generous overall with $40k in revolving credit each.

Other than that my highest other CL's are all $10,000.....well actually I have $15k Juni Biz and $25k BoA Biz, but they don't personally report.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-30-2009 01:43 PM

Do you worry about being able to keep all of them active? (I mean that in a sincere way, not a snarky way!) I know my household income is a lot lower than many people's on these forums, but I can't fathom running that much through a card every month and PIF'ing. Have you had good success with using only a small portion of the limits? 

Also, I believe you may have now entered the pantheon of credit limit gods. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.