Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA members

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

USAA members

It might be wishful thinking that this message that keeps showing up on my USAA account dashboard is somehow a pre-qual.  Any USAA members ever click and apply via one of these links and get approved?  I'm still not 100% sure USAA will grow with me but I would like another card with a much higher limit.  It's been 8 months so far with the Visa and I guess I should really wait for an pre-approval offer in the mail?

USAA.jpg

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA members

do you have any offers under the "my offers" tab when you log in? 

i had auto insurance only when i apped for a card 1 month after my first CC offer expired (approved 7k). i have since let an HELOC. 2 CC's and an auto loan expire so you should have CC offers and more showing up on that tab.

what's the limit on your first card?

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not. I check the "My Offers" section regularly though. I heard of people getting pre-approvals there.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

It might be wishful thinking that this message that keeps showing up on my USAA account dashboard is somehow a pre-qual.  Any USAA members ever click and apply via one of these links and get approved?  I'm still not 100% sure USAA will grow with me but I would like another card with a much higher limit.  It's been 8 months so far with the Visa and I guess I should really wait for an pre-approval offer in the mail?

USAA.jpg

Where are you seeing this on the site?

Message 4 of 20
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Nothing on my Offers tab.

My current card is $2.5K.  At the time I got this I had much lower scores in mid 600s.  Now I'm in the 700s and have opted back into offers.  Maybe someday I will get some enticing offers from them.  Next time I check my soft pulls I will see if the pulling me monthly.

It could also be usage.  The only thing I use their card for is to pay for the monthly credit monitoring service.

Thanks for the feedback.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Message 5 of 20
msbia
Established Contributor

Morning Barry, you already have a USAA Visa? And you've had it for 8 months? What is your starting limit and have you requested a CLI on it yet? You can request every 6 months but it is always a HP! I got my first card last April with $7k limit, sent a SM in October for increase and 24 hrs they took it to $12k. Pretty similar with this Amex, 4.5k to 10k and I will request again next October (garden till then). You should be fine cold apping for the MC if it's showing in your offers but of course your mileage will vary. USAA seems to love me for some reason lol. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 6 of 20
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

USAA.jpg

Where are you seeing this on the site?

Irish - This is showing under services along with my current credit monitoring and home valuation service.

Message 7 of 20
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@msbia wrote:

Morning Barry, you already have a USAA Visa? And you've had it for 8 months? What is your starting limit and have you requested a CLI on it yet? You can request every 6 months but it is always a HP! I got my first card last April with $7k limit, sent a SM in October for increase and 24 hrs they took it to $12k. Pretty similar with this Amex, 4.5k to 10k and I will request again next October (garden till then). You should be fine cold apping for the MC if it's showing in your offers but of course your mileage will vary. USAA seems to love me for some reason lol. 

MSBIA,  I have not asked for CLI and don't want a HP at this time.  I'm laying off my EX for the next couple months but will try in the future.  Thanks for your background.

Message 8 of 20
msbia
Established Contributor

My pleasure! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 9 of 20
elim
Senior Contributor

with your scores and limits you can cold app with them i'm sure and get 7k to 10k (congrats on those by the way).if you aren't at the "to much available credit" threshold yet.

there are 2 cards there i really want... (1.5% and 5% 2% 1%)

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.