cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA "Application Limit"...anybody else?

tag
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

USAA "Application Limit"...anybody else?

I got 2 cards from USAA within 24 hours of each other. 

When I tried applying for a 3rd, a message came up saying "You have reached your application limit". 

Has this happened to anybody else?  Any idea when they'd let me apply for another?  I've seen several people on here with 3 cards from them.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: USAA "Application Limit"...anybody else?

I have not heard of that before but I don't think many people would apply for 3 USAA cards back to back. 

I am just curious what was your APR?  Are the APR's the same on the 2 cards your were approved for?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@scvbd99 wrote:

When I tried applying for a 3rd, a message came up saying "You have reached your application limit". 

Has this happened to anybody else?  Any idea when they'd let me apply for another?  I've seen several people on here with 3 cards from them.  

Yes, I got the same message, the website locks you out at 2. However if you want to apply for a third card all you have to do is contact USAA and they will take your app / ask a few questions and approve you over the phone for your 3rd or even 4th card. That what happened to me. (NOTE: I applied for my 3rd card about 2 months after)They are pretty friendly. They will advise you that it will be a hard pull.

Message 3 of 11
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I have not heard of that before but I don't think many people would apply for 3 USAA cards back to back. 

I am just curious what was your APR?  Are the APR's the same on the 2 cards your were approved for?

USAA Amex: 16.9% APR

USAA Visa: 15.9% APR

The one I'd want to add is the Rate Advantage card down the line. 

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Message 4 of 11
flowfaster
Established Contributor

thanks.  And good data points.

Congrats on your cards.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 11
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

@scvbd99 wrote:

Yes, I got the same message, the website locks you out at 2. However if you want to apply for a third card all you have to do is contact USAA and they will take your app / ask a few questions and approve you over the phone for your 3rd or even 4th card. That what happened to me. (NOTE: I applied for my 3rd card about 2 months after)They are pretty friendly. They will advise you that it will be a hard pull.

Excellent info.  I think I'll try for the Rate Advantage card over the phone in a few months.

It would be great to have 3 cards with limits of $5000 or more so I can negotiate for matching CLI down the line.  

Thanks again.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Message 6 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Alvon: were your first two cards  approved with the same HP?

Message 7 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Alvon: were your first two cards  approved with the same HP?

No, I did not app on the same day, I waited for the next day to app for the second one (cost me 2 hp) Smiley Sad

However when I ask for a cli on my  first 2 USAA cards due this March it will be 1 hp Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA "Application Limit"..Anybody else?

I just tried to use one hp to get a cli, convert to world mc, and apply for the rate advantage. The CSR said that he can do the first two on one HP, but every new account requires another HP.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 9 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@OP,

I got that message last year, but it was after like 8 (yes 8) applications.  I had to call in to apply after that.  USAA have a set number of applications that you can submit via the website in a 6 month period.  I want to say the representative told me it was 6 applications, but can't really remember the exact number.  Whatever it was, I had reached it.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.