Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA "finance charge credit"

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

USAA "finance charge credit"

What is this?  Do any USAA users know if this is the "annual cash rewards" credit?  If it is, why would they call it a finance charge credit?  I'm totally confused as to why I would get this credit if it is an actual fin charge credit. 

I wouldn't be so confused if it wasn't so much higher than I expected it to be.  I can't imagine it being an error on their part, but it's jut my luck.  Smiley Wink

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA "finance charge credit"

USAA could have mistakenly charged you interest for whatever reason when they were not supposed to.  Not sure if it is your annual rebate coming in or not...best to call them and find out.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 2 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Do any USAA users know if this is the "annual cash rewards" credit?

It's not.  Those show up as "YOUR USAA CASH REBATE".

Sounds like an adjustment.  Call and ask.  Their CSR's have always been very helpful in my experience.  Have you taken a look at prior finance charges to verify that they were for the correct amounts?

Message 3 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I found out what this it and it's kind of awesome...  they said that when I apped, the app page mistakenly said that I get 0%APR and bal transfers, conv checks and purchases for the first 90 days.  The error was in the "and purchases".  Purchases should have been at the reg rate.  I have been charged the reg rate for all purchases and haven't questioned it;  I just figured I remembered incorrectly--  I do remember thinking that I had 0% on purchases but when I looked over everything I could find to read I didn't see that so I thought I had it wrong.  Well, I wasn't wrong, come to find out it was the app page that stated that!  

Fast forward to Jan 31, to "correct their error" they credited me ALL fin chargeds that I incurred from the date I opened the accounts (both cards opened last March) thru Jan 31;  0% will continue thru 4/1/14 for purchases already made thru Jan 31.  Any new purchase made after Jan 31 will be at the regular APR.

So bottom line, I was credited ALL fin charges I've ever accrued!  That's quite a correction to their error.  They could have just credited the first 90 days.  I find it pretty amazing that a company would go so above & beyond.

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 4 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

UPDATE: I found out what this it and it's kind of awesome...  they said that when I apped, the app page mistakenly said that I get 0%APR and bal transfers, conv checks and purchases for the first 90 days.  The error was in the "and purchases".  Purchases should have been at the reg rate.  I have been charged the reg rate for all purchases and haven't questioned it;  I just figured I remembered incorrectly--  I do remember thinking that I had 0% on purchases but when I looked over everything I could find to read I didn't see that so I thought I had it wrong.  Well, I wasn't wrong, come to find out it was the app page that stated that!  

Fast forward to Jan 31, to "correct their error" they credited me ALL fin chargeds that I incurred from the date I opened the accounts (both cards opened last March) thru Jan 31;  0% will continue thru 4/1/14 for purchases already made thru Jan 31.  Any new purchase made after Jan 31 will be at the regular APR.

So bottom line, I was credited ALL fin charges I've ever accrued!  That's quite a correction to their error.  They could have just credited the first 90 days.  I find it pretty amazing that a company would go so above & beyond.

A bank giving back money...you\ve just found the Holy Grail...lol!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

A bank giving back money...you\ve just found the Holy Grail...lol!

LOL!  Pretty much!  Smiley Very Happy

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

kroberts67 - I am impressed! Like you I would have assumed I forgot. Whew... can't be that with a stick!
Message 7 of 10
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

USAA is awesome! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 8 of 10
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

wow that is AMAZING customer service!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 9 of 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

USAA is awesome! Smiley Wink

+1

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.