cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA says app was approved...but (UPDATE)

tag
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

USAA says app was approved...but (UPDATE)

So, I decided to join USAA (grandfather was military).  I applied for their lowest rate card (no rewards, no bells and whistles, just a plain credit card with the lowest APR).  I believe it is called the USAA Rate Advantage MasterCard.  I understand that USAA tends to look at Equifax reports so I just recently checked my score two days ago at Equifax and it is 711.  I also have 3 inquiries on my Equifax report in the last couple of months.  Anyway...I decided to proceed through the process and after hitting submit the page took a little while to load (I guess to come up with a decision).  After about maybe 30 seconds, I get a page that says... 

"WE ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST"

We're sorry, but the usaa.com page or activity you requested is temporarily unavailable. 
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Click on your back button to return to the previous page.

So I figured that the application didn't go through, no problem...I will just try later.  Then I go back to my main page to find a message waiting for me.  The message is entitled "Your credit card application has been approved."  And next to that title, it has a link to view details and everytime I click on it it gives me that same page.  So I decided to call USAA directly to see if anyone knew what was going on.  I spoke to a nice young man who said that they are having trouble with their credit card system.  I asked him if he had any additional info on the application but all he told my that the application has been "DECISIONED".  What does that mean?!?  Is that bad?!?!?  He then told me that it has probably been sent to underwriting and to call back tomorrow to see if anything changes.

Has anybody ever experienced this before?

EDIT:  I should also let ya'll know that I did have a pre-approved offer for a credit card for up to $25,000...but it wasn't the card that I applied for.  The card I was offered was the USAA Cash Rewards World MasterCard at a pre-approved APR of 13.9%.  I decided not to apply for that one because I wanted just a plain ole' credit card with a low APR...I don't need anything else with rewards.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA says card application was approved...but problem

Decisioned means that they either approved or declined the application.  If your application is approved, you should be able to see it listed with your other accounts. Also, check your messages, they may have information there as well.   All of my apps with USAA has been instant approvals. 

Message 2 of 21
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Well...according to the message I received, it says that I was approved.  I just cannot see any details.

Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 3 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If you got a message saying you were approved, then it sounds like you were. When they denied me last year, the message in my USAA inbox (online) said it had been declined and stated the reasons. It's the same letter they send out when you're denied. I sincerely doubt their system would say you were approved if you weren't.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 21
namvet
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

If you got a message saying you were approved, then it sounds like you were. When they denied me last year, the message in my USAA inbox (online) said it had been declined and stated the reasons. It's the same letter they send out when you're denied. I sincerely doubt their system would say you were approved if you weren't.

+1 

Message 5 of 21
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

USAA is upgrading their systems this weekend they may have started early because I got the same message but they should be back up with everything updated by Monday

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 6 of 21
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@gettingstarted wrote:

USAA is upgrading their systems this weekend they may have started early because I got the same message but they should be back up with everything updated by Monday

I called again today and they are still showing that my application was "DECISIONED".  Again, I have a message in my account profile that says I was approved...but I cannot view any details (credit line, APR, etc).  I also checked my Equifax report and there were no inquiries on file from USAA.  Did it even go through?  So you also have a message in your profile that says you were approved but you can't see any details?  Interesting...

Message 7 of 21
journey258
Frequent Contributor

I applied last night, got the approval message for both cards and CAN see all the details. I have account numbers, ex. dates, security codes and all. That is definitely strange. 

Inquiry not showing yet. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 8 of 21
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

I applied last night, got the approval message for both cards and CAN see all the details. I have account numbers, ex. dates, security codes and all. That is definitely strange. 

Inquiry not showing yet. 

Strange indeed.  The guy I spoke to today told me that they are still having troubles and glitches with their system and he told me that I was the fourth or fifth person today that called them inquiring about an application that seemed to have gone haywire.  He told me that if I saw that I was approved on my end, that it must be a good thing...but he cannot see anything else other than "DECISIONED".  I am going to wait out the weekend to let them patch their system (as somebody else said they are working on it this weekend) and I will see if anything changes on Monday...and if not I'll give them a call.  I would put in another application but I do not want to have a risk of two inquiries placed on my credit file.  The way I see it, something is already screwed up...best just leave it alone and not screw it up any further.

If anybody else has any other similar experiences (or success)...please share.

Message 9 of 21
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I don't think another app is necessary. They obviously have received something. Perhaps the issue is just affecting a certain part of the country?? Good luck to you though, for now, I'd just feel "approved." Smiley Happy

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.