Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA secured card help

tag
newstart2010
Blogger

USAA secured card help

Anyone receive their packet for the secured card from USAA?  I found out they sent ours to the wrong address, but when I called I also found out that some will get the packet, some wont, and even if you get the packet it does not mean you will get the card.  I guess they are getting to the end of their pilot program.  Smiley Sad  We asked for another set of packets to be sent out, and will be funding fast with our USAA account.  But I want to know if anyone had the packet yet, and what it was, what we need, etc.  I want to get everything ready to send in.

Thanks.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: USAA secured card help

bump.  anyone got the package for this secured card yet??

Message 2 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

worry, and ye shall receive!

I got both packages in the mail today, one for me and one for my husband.  so to settle all the questions that were floating around...

The deposit ranges from 250-1500.  You cannot add to it except at one 6 month interval after the initial open.  You secure it with a high rate return CD that is in for 2 years.  If you get the package, it states all over it you definitely will get the card.  You have to be approved to get the package, and I guess that is what takes time.  You can fund directly from your USAA account which will make them process the card faster.

If anyone else has questions feel free to ask.  I finally have it in black and white.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
criggs
Established Member

grats, and ty for the much needed info.  Hopefully I will get my packet in the next couple of days or so.

Message 4 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

newstart2010 wrote:

worry, and ye shall receive!

I got both packages in the mail today, one for me and one for my husband.  so to settle all the questions that were floating around...

The deposit ranges from 250-1500.  You cannot add to it except at one 6 month interval after the initial open.  You secure it with a high rate return CD that is in for 2 years.  If you get the package, it states all over it you definitely will get the card.  You have to be approved to get the package, and I guess that is what takes time.  You can fund directly from your USAA account which will make them process the card faster.

If anyone else has questions feel free to ask.  I finally have it in black and white.  Smiley Happy

Sounds like a nice, straight-forward, and understandable program.

Thanks for posting your summary here!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

No problem!

I have to say I am really excited about this program.  because we will be using the cards differently I am going to put different limits on them.  One will have 300, and the other will ahve the max of 1500 as limits.  The 300 will be used by my husband for his lunch and gas each week.  The 1500 will be used for our household bills and groceries.  Each will be paid off twice a month (yes, twice, so that I can keep up on making sure that it is paid off completely).  

I know that I could make it 1500 on both, but honestly....my husband does not need  more than that each month for gas and lunch.  this keeps us from making bad choices, and eventually it will be open for raising, and we can decide if we need to at that point. And that is what all of us rebuilding are trying to do, right?  Learn to deal with the credit we have, and make it work best for us.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 27
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

@newstart2010 wrote:
keeps us from making bad choices, and eventually it will be open for raising, and we can decide  And that is what all of us rebuilding are trying to do, right?  Learn to deal with the credit we have, and make it work best for us.  Smiley Wink

I like that! Sounds like you have a well-thought, logical and responsible plan.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 27
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

When I received my packet and my husband had not, i just copied the forms they sent me, fax them back.  I also called and spoke with Jennifer and Mike that works directly in the secured credit card department to find out how long will it take to process the applications and was told approximately 2-3 weeks.  I opted to have the funds debit electronic.  I too have split the cards as you, my husband will receive the card with the 350 limit and the other card with the 1k limit will be used for emergencies. 
Message 8 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

oh I did not know you could fax back the packet.  I will have to do that.

when you say electronic debit, do you mean from another account?  or are you debiting from your usaa account?  I am curious if 2-3 weeks is typical for a usaa transfer or an outside bank transfer.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do the men got to eat off the dollar menu?  Smiley Happy    j/k

Sounds like a great program.  I am sure it will be a huge hit for ya.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.