Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA secured card help

tag
criggs
Established Member

Re: USAA secured card help

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with USAA and they told me that my application was mailed out to me, and to expect 7-10 business days before delivery.  I guess she heard the frustration in my voice and then proceeded to say that she could upload the application to "my documents", and it would be available to me within 1-2 hours.  Its a section on your tool bar between my profile, and my offers, where you can view all of your documents online.

So hopefully by noon my application will be submitted!!!!

Message 11 of 27
criggs
Established Member

On another note..... If there are any USAA members that would like this app, or currently waiting for one.  If you send me a message I can forward this application to you.

Message 12 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do the men got to eat off the dollar menu?  Smiley Happy    j/k

Sounds like a great program.  I am sure it will be a huge hit for ya.

hahahahahahaha  hey 300 twice a month is no dollar menu.  but he is a cheap eater.  chik fil a everyday.  barely over 5 bucks a lunch.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 13 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

@criggs wrote:

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with USAA and they told me that my application was mailed out to me, and to expect 7-10 business days before delivery.  I guess she heard the frustration in my voice and then proceeded to say that she could upload the application to "my documents", and it would be available to me within 1-2 hours.  Its a section on your tool bar between my profile, and my offers, where you can view all of your documents online.

I am interested to hear if this actually works for you, because i was told that since this was an outside group doing this pilot that they could not upload the docs to me.  also, be careful passing it out to people, because you have to go through an approval process to get the package, accoding to their documentation and the operators, and so sending out the docs to people who have not been approved may cause them to get blocked in getting the card.  i wouldn't want anyone to miss out on this because of impatience.

Message 14 of 27
criggs
Established Member

Yup, it worked.  Application has been loaded into my documents and I will print and complete momentarily.  Anyone interested in the program just needs to call and ask to be considered.  Ask for the Secured Credit Card Department and go from there.  As of this morning, I was informed that the approval process is automatic, and the limit is based off of the amount of your deposit into the CD.  No credit pull is necessary, for this product.  I've been a 12yr member of USAA not sure if that has anything to do with it... My application will be on the fax in a matter of mins, then I will call to verify receipt.  Also its not an outside group, just another special department within their credit card divison.

Message Edited by criggs on 02-10-2010 01:17 PM
Message 15 of 27
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

My credit union bank account not USAA will be debited.  I was also told it will take approximately 2-3 weeks to process, but can receive the card in 2 days for $8.00 Fedex which will be charged to the card.  Of course, I will be calling to ensure they are processing my informaiton, dont want it to be lost in the shuffle of paperwork.
Message 16 of 27
jada0607
Valued Member

I'm trying to apply for USAA checking and savings. I don't have any military affiliation so I can't apply for full membership. But I know I will be able to bank with them since that part is open to the public, but would I be able to apply for the secured credit card as well? Are all of you who've gotten the package military affialiates/full members? Does anyone know from customer service whether or not this program is open to non-military members?

Message Edited by jada0607 on 02-10-2010 10:57 AM

Starting Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Current Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Goal Score: 760+

Message 17 of 27
criggs
Established Member

Jada, USAA is very user friendly give them a call, ask for the secured credit card dept and ask... 800-531-8722

gluck

Message 18 of 27
newstart2010
Blogger

criggs and jada, there has been conflicting information, even from inside the credit card dept, as to who is eligible for this card.  This is why I suggested to criggs to not send out the application to people who have not been approved.  Approval seems to be based on your membership, not on credit. 

criggs, this is a group outside of the main usaa group doing this program.  its still usaa, but it has to do with their student funding group (if i remember the name correctly)  there just happens to be people within the credit card group there that handle the questions.  they do not seem to have all the answers, either, as there has been quite a bit of confusion and misinformation through this board based off of phone calls.  this program is nearing its end, and has been going on or a few years from what i can tellfrom other online groups and posts.it used to be you got the application sent to you if you applied for a regular card and was denied.  they stopped willingly handing it out and now only send it to people who are requesting it directly.

Your best bet to make sure you get the card app is to message them through the website message system and mail the credit card group requesting the application for the secured credit card pilot program to be sent to you.  make sure you give them the correct address to send it to.  They will look at your membership and let you know if you are approved or not, then send out the package if you are.

Message 19 of 27
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

@criggs wrote:

+1

Thanks, criggs

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.