Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA

Yeah, non military folks can still join USAA, you just CANT apply for any banking, insurance, or pretty much anything else.  The only thing you can have are investment products.  Non military members who joined prior to last month and allready had an active banking product were grandfathered in (for now).  I have a feeling they will change this eventually as they have done something like this before.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 22
navyox
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA

@Anonymous wrote:
Remember nothing ventured nothing gained. Call USAA and explore with them what products would be available to you. As a USAA full member I am confused on what they are doing. FNBO closed their doors to potential customers outside their geographic service area. Wonder what is the deal. I cannot get Chase banking products since I am not in their service area. GADS!

Oddly enough I received an NFBO Amex offer in the mail yesterday, and I am definitely not in their geographic area.  

As far as USAA goes I have been a member since joining the Army in 2001.    Overall I have been very pleased with them.    Even though I am no longer in the Army I haven't even considered finding another bank. 

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.