Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA

tag
desie25
Valued Member

USAA

I have a platinum with usaa and was told this card will not be eligible for increase at all has anyone had this happen I have never been late ot had high amounts 

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 625
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: USAA

IME that statement is not true.  What was the source of that information?

Message 2 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Is this a secured card or an unsecured card? Unsecured USAA do not graduate, don't get cli. The others all do, if your score improves.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 15
desie25
Valued Member

I called and it is a unsecured and was told not eligible because of type of platinum I am confused 

Message 4 of 15
FinallyBetterCredit
Established Member

I am a full usaa member and was told the same thing last month. I didn't understand it either. I was advised apply for another usaa card. I applied for the World MasterCard and was approved.
USAA World MasterCard 10000, American Express EBC 2000, Citi Diamond Preferred 1000, Chase Freedom Visa 1500, Lowes StoreCard 800,USAA Classic Platinum MasterCard 500, BOA 123 Visa 1000
Your FICO® score at Equifax is
676 as of December 6, 2012
Message 5 of 15
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

I ask for increase and was told i have to wait 6 months I also ask if i can combine credit limits since i have 

World master card Usaa Visa Platinum and the Amex they said it can not be combine and was told to ask for a credit line increase?

Message 6 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@desie25 wrote:

I called and it is a unsecured and was told not eligible because of type of platinum I am confused 

Even the same credit card granted at different times (or also from different places, such as acquisitions... Chase is notorious for having 1203984 versions of their Freedom) can have different underwriting standards but also different product restrictions.  It's entirely possible that you acquired the card during a phase where USAA had limitations on this one particular card for whatever reason.  Traditionally lenders don't automatically upgrade you to the "new hotness" when they change a card's standards.

Somewhat aggravating but there isn't a lot which can be done unfortunately in this case.

        
Message 7 of 15
desie25
Valued Member

Thank you all for responding do you think it is best to apply for the world mastercard or just try to pay it down 

Message 8 of 15
FinallyBetterCredit
Established Member

I got the world mastercard with EQ 682 and about 50 percent utl. My income is 66000. May this will help. Good luck!
USAA World MasterCard 10000, American Express EBC 2000, Citi Diamond Preferred 1000, Chase Freedom Visa 1500, Lowes StoreCard 800,USAA Classic Platinum MasterCard 500, BOA 123 Visa 1000
Your FICO® score at Equifax is
676 as of December 6, 2012
Message 9 of 15
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Thats pretty strange

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.