Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

USAA

So I just joined USAA... I assumed I would at some point down the line be able to get a cc from them since I hear they are generous. But since I have no military association it says I cannot utilize any banking products including credit cards. The memebership from what I read was a sp but now I feel it was pointless because I cant ever get anything from them... Should I just close it... open to all as I have never been joined with any membership program before.

Thanks!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA

USAA recently closed its doors to non-military members, and grandfathered in existing partial members like myself.  So I'm not sure how you got in.

When I go to the credit card page, nearly the whole array of USAA cards are available to me.  However, it's not clear what kind of terms I would get if I actually applied.  There have been reports in the past of partial members with excellent credit getting APRs like 23.9.

Message 2 of 22
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

So I just joined USAA... I assumed I would at some point down the line be able to get a cc from them since I hear they are generous. But since I have no military association it says I cannot utilize any banking products including credit cards. The memebership from what I read was a sp but now I feel it was pointless because I cant ever get anything from them... Should I just close it... open to all as I have never been joined with any membership program before.

Thanks!

When did you join? I got grandfathered in as well (having joined back in June).

Message 3 of 22
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Hello,

I just applied the regiualr way. Checked no to all military related questions since I am not going to lie my way in. But I didnt know about all the products that were or were not available to people depending on their military status. I guess I am a partial memeber. I was able to link my external accounts so I could see all at once and create goal, saving plans etc. But when I went to product pages like credit cards specifically it said they cannot offer this product to me because I have no military association. So basically it seems to be just like Credit Karma lol just without the FAKO... ugh

UTL 7%
Message 4 of 22
ronstar7
Established Contributor

UTL 7%
Message 5 of 22
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Thanks!

I literally just joined right before my first post

UTL 7%
Message 6 of 22
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Thanks!

Wow. Maybe you slipped through the cracks somehow. I was under the impression that they had closed the door on non-military.

I think they are a great bank and have an amazing online system.

Message 7 of 22
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Thanks!

Wow. Maybe you slipped through the cracks somehow. I was under the impression that they had closed the door on non-military.

I think they are a great bank and have an amazing online system.

I guess I must have...but its pretty much for nothing... wish I would have read up a little more before I joined. Oh well at least the website make my accounts look pretty lol

UTL 7%
Message 8 of 22
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

That's true!

Message 9 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Do you have any realitives that are members?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.