Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAir Barclays Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAir Barclays Denial

Confused after denial with USAir Barclays app yesterday.  Denied due to no credit card accounts showing since Chap 7 in Oct 08.  EQ and TU currently reporting wife's Cap1 on my reports for 34 months.  Barclays recon rep told me that they don't see it on my EQ or TU, even though I plainly see it on both of my reports.  They told me that it has to be in my name and if I am a "authorized user", it won't show on their end.  ?????  How can it report on my my EQ and TU, but they don't see it?  Then my wife bit the bullet and applied and got approved for the USAir card.   So even though wife has 50 points lower score, that one Cap1 card reporting for 34 months, must of pushed her up over the edge. 

On a good note, after my denial I app'd for Cap1 and got an 2000 limit card, so I wasn't as bummed as I could have been.  My question, why aren't they seeing the wife's cc that I see on both my reports?  Secondly, can I call Cap1 and be added as a joint user or something, instead of an "authorized user", in order to get it to report to Barclays?  Otherwise, since Barclays need to see 12 months established CC, then I have to wait a year before reapping.  I really was looking forward to the bene's on USAir.  Is there anything else I can do or say to recon to reconsider?  I even offered to fax in a copy of my EQ so they could see that it is reporting, but they said if they couldn't see it on their end, then it doesn't matter.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: USAir Barclays Denial

Sorry to hear it. Have you called the backdoor number for recon.?

Ron.

Message 2 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

OP,

do you have any tradelines in your own name? I don't mean AU or even a joint account. I mean an account that is solely your own? Any baddies reporting? If you don't have any accounts in your name reporting, I can bet this was the reason for your denial.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  Yes, I did call the recon number.  866-369-xxxx  It immediately rang to a rep and thats where I got the feedback on what was the reason for denial.

@Maidengirl.  Since BK in 08, I have only opened up two auto loans in my name (12 months ago), no other lines on anything.   I guess I was under the impression that if it was on my EQ or TU, then it would be considered for future approvals, but I just learned, that it not the case.  Now, if I had of known that 34 months ago, I would have gotten my own card and not thought that the wifes was helping me. 

Message 4 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  Yes, I did call the recon number.  866-369-xxxx  It immediately rang to a rep and thats where I got the feedback on what was the reason for denial.

@Maidengirl.  Since BK in 08, I have only opened up two auto loans in my name (12 months ago), no other lines on anything.   I guess I was under the impression that if it was on my EQ or TU, then it would be considered for future approvals, but I just learned, that it not the case.  Now, if I had of known that 34 months ago, I would have gotten my own card and not thought that the wifes was helping me. 

Yea. Auto loans aren't really factored into your credit score. They are installment loans. You were approved for the CAP1 card with a nice CL so I'd try to apply for a Walmart card (free FICO) or something then garden for a bit--six months to a year before trying for Barclays again.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't think they count the auto loan. Those are secure loans. They need to see some payment history on revolving credit. You may need to open an secured card. 

Ron.

Message 6 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they count the auto loan. Those are secure loans. They need to see some payment history on revolving credit. You may need to open an secured card. 

Ron.

that's kind of funny since the dealer sure took my revolving credit as proof i can make payments. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Confused after denial with USAir Barclays app yesterday.  Denied due to no credit card accounts showing since Chap 7 in Oct 08.  EQ and TU currently reporting wife's Cap1 on my reports for 34 months.  Barclays recon rep told me that they don't see it on my EQ or TU, even though I plainly see it on both of my reports.  They told me that it has to be in my name and if I am a "authorized user", it won't show on their end.  ?????  How can it report on my my EQ and TU, but they don't see it?  Then my wife bit the bullet and applied and got approved for the USAir card.   So even though wife has 50 points lower score, that one Cap1 card reporting for 34 months, must of pushed her up over the edge. 

On a good note, after my denial I app'd for Cap1 and got an 2000 limit card, so I wasn't as bummed as I could have been.  My question, why aren't they seeing the wife's cc that I see on both my reports?  Secondly, can I call Cap1 and be added as a joint user or something, instead of an "authorized user", in order to get it to report to Barclays?  Otherwise, since Barclays need to see 12 months established CC, then I have to wait a year before reapping.  I really was looking forward to the bene's on USAir.  Is there anything else I can do or say to recon to reconsider?  I even offered to fax in a copy of my EQ so they could see that it is reporting, but they said if they couldn't see it on their end, then it doesn't matter.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Some lenders choose to ignore AU accounts.  I am not sure how they implement this, but I suppose it is possible that they use a service that filters AU accounts out so that they are not seeing them at all. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Actually, several models of TU score completely ignore AU accounts. So the rep is likely seeing a filtered report that contains only the parts relevant to that issuer's underwriting criteria.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.