Reply
New Member
EyesonCredit
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎06-10-2010
0

USAir Barclays Denial

Confused after denial with USAir Barclays app yesterday.  Denied due to no credit card accounts showing since Chap 7 in Oct 08.  EQ and TU currently reporting wife's Cap1 on my reports for 34 months.  Barclays recon rep told me that they don't see it on my EQ or TU, even though I plainly see it on both of my reports.  They told me that it has to be in my name and if I am a "authorized user", it won't show on their end.  ?????  How can it report on my my EQ and TU, but they don't see it?  Then my wife bit the bullet and applied and got approved for the USAir card.   So even though wife has 50 points lower score, that one Cap1 card reporting for 34 months, must of pushed her up over the edge. 

 

On a good note, after my denial I app'd for Cap1 and got an 2000 limit card, so I wasn't as bummed as I could have been.  My question, why aren't they seeing the wife's cc that I see on both my reports?  Secondly, can I call Cap1 and be added as a joint user or something, instead of an "authorized user", in order to get it to report to Barclays?  Otherwise, since Barclays need to see 12 months established CC, then I have to wait a year before reapping.  I really was looking forward to the bene's on USAir.  Is there anything else I can do or say to recon to reconsider?  I even offered to fax in a copy of my EQ so they could see that it is reporting, but they said if they couldn't see it on their end, then it doesn't matter.  Any advice would be appreciated.

EQ690 FICO 10/12
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,477
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial

Sorry to hear it. Have you called the backdoor number for recon.?

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial

OP,

 

do you have any tradelines in your own name? I don't mean AU or even a joint account. I mean an account that is solely your own? Any baddies reporting? If you don't have any accounts in your name reporting, I can bet this was the reason for your denial.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






New Member
EyesonCredit
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎06-10-2010
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  Yes, I did call the recon number.  866-369-xxxx  It immediately rang to a rep and thats where I got the feedback on what was the reason for denial.

 

@Maidengirl.  Since BK in 08, I have only opened up two auto loans in my name (12 months ago), no other lines on anything.   I guess I was under the impression that if it was on my EQ or TU, then it would be considered for future approvals, but I just learned, that it not the case.  Now, if I had of known that 34 months ago, I would have gotten my own card and not thought that the wifes was helping me. 

EQ690 FICO 10/12
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial


EyesonCredit wrote:

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  Yes, I did call the recon number.  866-369-xxxx  It immediately rang to a rep and thats where I got the feedback on what was the reason for denial.

 

@Maidengirl.  Since BK in 08, I have only opened up two auto loans in my name (12 months ago), no other lines on anything.   I guess I was under the impression that if it was on my EQ or TU, then it would be considered for future approvals, but I just learned, that it not the case.  Now, if I had of known that 34 months ago, I would have gotten my own card and not thought that the wifes was helping me. 


Yea. Auto loans aren't really factored into your credit score. They are installment loans. You were approved for the CAP1 card with a nice CL so I'd try to apply for a Walmart card (free FICO) or something then garden for a bit--six months to a year before trying for Barclays again.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,477
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial

I don't think they count the auto loan. Those are secure loans. They need to see some payment history on revolving credit. You may need to open an secured card. 

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial


Ron1 wrote:

I don't think they count the auto loan. Those are secure loans. They need to see some payment history on revolving credit. You may need to open an secured card. 

 

 

Ron.


that's kind of funny since the dealer sure took my revolving credit as proof i can make payments. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Senior Contributor
Walt_K
Posts: 3,065
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial


EyesonCredit wrote:

Confused after denial with USAir Barclays app yesterday.  Denied due to no credit card accounts showing since Chap 7 in Oct 08.  EQ and TU currently reporting wife's Cap1 on my reports for 34 months.  Barclays recon rep told me that they don't see it on my EQ or TU, even though I plainly see it on both of my reports.  They told me that it has to be in my name and if I am a "authorized user", it won't show on their end.  ?????  How can it report on my my EQ and TU, but they don't see it?  Then my wife bit the bullet and applied and got approved for the USAir card.   So even though wife has 50 points lower score, that one Cap1 card reporting for 34 months, must of pushed her up over the edge. 

 

On a good note, after my denial I app'd for Cap1 and got an 2000 limit card, so I wasn't as bummed as I could have been.  My question, why aren't they seeing the wife's cc that I see on both my reports?  Secondly, can I call Cap1 and be added as a joint user or something, instead of an "authorized user", in order to get it to report to Barclays?  Otherwise, since Barclays need to see 12 months established CC, then I have to wait a year before reapping.  I really was looking forward to the bene's on USAir.  Is there anything else I can do or say to recon to reconsider?  I even offered to fax in a copy of my EQ so they could see that it is reporting, but they said if they couldn't see it on their end, then it doesn't matter.  Any advice would be appreciated.


Some lenders choose to ignore AU accounts.  I am not sure how they implement this, but I suppose it is possible that they use a service that filters AU accounts out so that they are not seeing them at all. 


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac
Posts: 766
Registered: ‎01-16-2012
0

Re: USAir Barclays Denial

Actually, several models of TU score completely ignore AU accounts. So the rep is likely seeing a filtered report that contains only the parts relevant to that issuer's underwriting criteria.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}