Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAirways Business BT Cap... Barclay... UGH

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USAirways Business BT Cap... Barclay... UGH

Partner opened the card and it's 0% for 12 months I think it is (on BT's)... Anyway I was pretty much possitive that it also had the offer that capped the BT fee at $75 and I had sent a message online along with call in 2 times and escelate to supervisor also to check this... everyone said they don't know any offer like that and they could not find it and it would be 3% and no cap.  I went ahead and did 2 seperate BT's ... 1 for $4k and 1 for $2k.  Sure enough $4k was only charged a $75 fee!

I called in and I said I know this is going to sound strange that I actually saved money on the $4k BT BUT I consider it a double loss for me and not sure if right now Barclay would consider it a loss but based on the $15k CL I would think they would.  HAD I been given the information correctly that I kept stating and asking that it was capped I would have done 1 transfer instead of 2 and on top of that I would have BT $10k instead of $6k, so I clearly can't deal with the $4k I didn't transfer but I do want the $60 refunded that I paid for my 2nd BT!

She was a little confused at first, understandble... but after some conversation she seemed to understand what I was saying/asking, etc.  She even had stated before realizing all of what I was saying once again that the BT offer is 3% with $10 min. but NO MAX... then when I explained it further, she was like but you didn't pay a full 3% on the $4k BT! I was like DING DING DING... so it is capped!

She submitted it for further review as to why the account knows the offer and I do but they as employees and me online can not see the offer and therefore did not have the correct information.  She said they would call if any questions otherwise I should see the credit (I'll update)

I said as side note... You all should really work on the fact that you and myself are leaving yourself open for TONS of trouble because when I go online and request a BT it lists NO FEES, NO RATE, NO TERM... Just says, refer to your terms and conditions on your statement... that's pretty dangerous don't you think?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAirways Business BT Cap... Barclay... UGH

3 Calls back from them (I'm actually SHOCKED the lady kept calling back)

it had been turned down twice that a BT is a valid fee... I rexamplained that I have no issue with the fee itself and it's a valid fee, the fact is your companys employees gave out false information... she called today and 25 minutes into the call she still said it had been declined again to refund my $60 but once again looked at my e-mail to them before I did the first BT way back and she says I can't see what was stated but I assume since you contacted us BEFORE you did the BT and you are calling us after the fact with the same BT issues that you did infact ask before you did it and was given the wrong information and therefore we should correct this and I will issue the $60 to you now!

WIN WIN WIN

I really thought she was going to say no again after the long hold... I had started back at about minute 10 then the problem with Barlcay and most of the other banks that are worldwide or in the entire united states is you have lost all customer service... your company has spent probably $100's of dollars in man hours researching and calling me and arguing with me all to say why you will not credit the $60.... I said the damage to how I feel what I tell people about your company was done over a month ago after the 2nd phone call which was really my 5th phone call and after an email trying to clarify... the only thing you all have been able to clarify each phone call and email is that you don't have the correct information that you can clearly see happened on my account with the fee charge cap.

In the end I was excited for the victory even though frustrated that it went on like it did... I actually wrote it off my slate last month as anything I would worry about or care about until she called today Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.