Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBANK pre qual tool

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USBANK pre qual tool

So with other pre qual tools like chase, I see that it gives me a firm apr. But every time I try usbank pre qual, it gives me like 3 different card offers, the platinum, the flex perks rewards, and the fred meyer card.

But it says something like 0% for 12 months then an apr of 9.99 to 20.99. Is this just generic then and I am not actually pretty qualified since it doesn't give me a specific apr?

Also on the top it has a title of your recommended card offers not that they found a pre qualification for me.

Anybody have this happen?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: USBANK pre qual tool

@Anonymous wrote:
So with other pre qual tools like chase, I see that it gives me a firm apr. But every time I try usbank pre qual, it gives me like 3 different card offers, the platinum, the flex perks rewards, and the fred meyer card.

But it says something like 0% for 12 months then an apr of 9.99 to 20.99. Is this just generic then and I am not actually pretty qualified since it doesn't give me a specific apr?

Also on the top it has a title of your recommended card offers not that they found a pre qualification for me.

Anybody have this happen?

If you're getting APR ranges, then don't bother--it's just a generic offer.

If you get a specific APR, then you're prequalified. However, it helps to know when they last SPed your EQ and what, if any, new accounts have reported since then. If nothing has changed, then you have a solid chance of approval.

Message 2 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank prequalified is shoddy at best. Do you have an existing banking relationship? How many new accts in the last 12 months? Any negatives?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to bank with them. No longer though. 2 new accts a bbr opened Sept 2015 and a chase slate opened Nov 2015. Only one negative March 2013 30 days late for a student loan
Message 4 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

What's your average account age?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 years, 10 months about
Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank never approved me until I had a checking account with them for around 6 months and a Fico of around 750. They are really, really conservative when it comes to any negatives on CR. Maybe someone else with a late student loan can chime in with their experience. It may be weighed differently from other negatives.
Message 7 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Us bank is too conservative for me. Denied many times with a score of 740s even for a standard platinum card. My mom had an 845 FICO across the board, she prequals everywhere that is a legit prequal except us bank has no offers for her just like me lol although I don't have perfect credit haha
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.