Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBANK still lending :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USBANK still lending :)

I got a pre-qualified letter in the mail a week ago, but instead of calling I talked to a local banker. It took about 3 min and I was approved Smiley Happy

I was pretty surprised because a couple of months ago I was denied for having to many open accounts with balances(uti was is 79%), but I thought I would give it another try cause they wanted to offer me 0% for 9 months. That was going to help me transfer some balances and get ahead  with the 0%.

My score from EQ is 679/TU ? my total open accounts is 7, and my uti is still high. I have no baddies.  So on that note I just wanted to pass on that the banks are still lending even with out having excellent credit. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Established Contributor

Re: USBANK still lending :)

Congratulations!

US Bank is a very solid bank and has great CS. IMHO

With your persistence and given time you obtained the card .Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I also forgot to mention that the limit was  $5000.00Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 12
Established Contributor

WOW!

US bank is very conservitive, that CL speaks volumes.

BTW...You may be able to qualify for a soft pull $1500 CLI every six months with US Bank. It is one of my favorite features with my US Bank CC.

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-14-2009 11:29 AM
Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The last thing I need now is another card, lol, but I have to admit that if and when I break down in another year or two, it will probably be US Bank.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
Established Contributor

Hey Hauling,

I just noticed you are a FICO High Achiever now! Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

BTW...US Bank would love to have you as another customer right away. IMHO Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

plasticman wrote:

Hey Hauling,

I just noticed you are a FICO High Achiever now! Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

BTW...US Bank would love to have you as another customer right away. IMHO Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Thanks! We'll see if the mail picks up again.

Really, though, I have way more credit than I could ever use -- $130+K --and the thought of having to keep yet another CC happy makes me want to crawl under the bed. I feel like someone with too many BF's/ GF's, all of whom are clamoring for flowers and chocolates and time together. Smiley Tongue I may need to start looking at closing some of my good but superfluous cards, especially now that so many have plummeted to 1% rewards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 12
Established Contributor

LOLSmiley Very Happy

I have 7 CCs myself and a high available total CLs like you. I know of trying to keep them happy. I literally put two different CCs in my wallet every week to do so. It is somewhat of a chore!Smiley Sad

My only other revolving TL is a NavChek LOC which I do not need to exercise...thank goodness.Smiley Tongue

You have expressed your long road to your current FICO achievement and I could not be more happy for you!  Next goal FICO 800.

Stay well...

Message 8 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

I'm waiting for approval from US Bank now. I apped for a Chase over the weekend.  I need a $5,000 credit line. 
Message 9 of 12
voidman
Established Contributor

2 months back I responded to USBanks preapproval, got 5k 0% for 12 months.
-void
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.