Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBak Prea-Approval Couple Months After Denial

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBak Prea-Approval Couple Months After Denial

So partner applied for Cash+ back a few months and was declined for having 4 new accounts within 6 months with NO Recon possible because of the 4 new accounts.  Fast forward to 8 new accounts and he gets a pre-approval today... While I consider it a pretty TERRIBLE USBank Card with NO REWARDS Visa Platinum... it is 0% for 15 months.  Do you think this pre-approval holds any wait or did some how the soft pull slip by the system of not so many new accounts and it would be a wasted INQ?

Wouldn't mind taking it now and then PC after 12 months or something or what not... I feel like once in door, I use to LOVE them for my credit card.

Thoughts?

oh it's also 19.99% but not until after the 15 months, but that just seems pretty bad!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: USBak Prea-Approval Couple Months After Denial

How old is the newest account by now?

Preapprovals are pretty useless IMO.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@enharu wrote:
How old is the newest account by now?

Preapprovals are pretty useless IMO.

ummm.... 2 months.

Message 3 of 6
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

i believe preapproved means hes approved already you guys are confusing preapprove with pre-qualified two different meanings

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I wouldn't waste the INQ. They will decline again for too many new accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

oh no...maybe i shouldnt apply for U.S Bank then. Like i said, i do have a business checking account with them along with my dad and he has business credit cards that i am an AU on but dont know if that will make a difference since i have opened 3 new tradelines in the past 3 months.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.