cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Cash+ How do the Reward Choices Change Quarterly?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBank Cash+ How do the Reward Choices Change Quarterly?

Hi, sorry if recent duplicate, I have seen many posts recently but my question is:

I must not have been thinking outside the idea of 5% last visit to USBank site and didn't realize the rewards change quarterly!

So lets say Im on Department Store and Home Repair - Does that mean next quarter those 2 won't be an option into next quarter or? What changes are people seeing each quarter?

The card could go from #1 slot of daily Visa but if I would loose the 5% for a quarter or maybe more, it could make this card pretty worthless in the end with idea of this being only visa used aside the 1 amex.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: USBank Cash+ How do the Reward Choices Change Quarterly?

Not only do they change, but you have to sign up every quarter.  If you don't make 5% and 2% catagory selections for a quarter, you only get 1%.

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

Not only do they change, but you have to sign up every quarter.  If you don't make 5% and 2% catagory selections for a quarter, you only get 1%.

Yes I see you have to sign up, at least you can get a e-mail telling you to log in and select!

But my question and possible issue is if I have 5% for Department Stores until Jan. 1, 2013 lets say... in Jan.1, 2013 will Department store even be an option for the next quarter? or it will be option for 2% but not 5% or are you able to keep choosing same ones if you like?

Message 3 of 8
doggeral

They are subject to change.  Since I've had the card they have not changed and I've selected BillPay twice in a row now with no problem.   It seems they don't intend to change then unless it becomes unprofitable, but that is like all rewards cards.  

Also the 2% categories don't become 5% categories and the 5% categories don't become the 2% categories.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@doggeral wrote:

They are subject to change.  Since I've had the card they have not changed and I've selected BillPay twice in a row now with no problem.   It seems they don't intend to change then unless it becomes unprofitable, but that is like all rewards cards.  

Also the 2% categories don't become 5% categories and the 5% categories don't become the 2% categories.

YES - Chase Feedom Plus!

it's one of my top 3 of why I dislike Chase... 3% on your top 6 Categories AUTOMATICALLY at each statement close and no actions needed on your part and no limit!

Message 5 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Am I locked in once I choose future categories? Say I already chose Oct-dec, can I go back and change them before October starts?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 8
doggeral

Here is what mine looks like right now.  Hopefully this answers all your questions.   It lets me edit next quarter until 9/25

USBank

Message 7 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Cool, Thanks.  That answered my question and I was successfully able to change them.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.