cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Cash+ Pulls What Report in California?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBank Cash+ Pulls What Report in California?

I did online chat and of course the rep told me the "Computer Randomly Picks 1 of the 3 to do the pull from"

Also what is considered Bill Pay items?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: USBank Cash+ Pulls What Report in California?

Two data points - one from Experian and one from Equifax.

Hope you don't mind the bluntness, but with the FICOs in your signature, it would be a wasted inquiry no matter who they pull.

Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

Two data points - one from Experian and one from Equifax.

Hope you don't mind the bluntness, but with the FICOs in your signature, it would be a wasted inquiry no matter who they pull.

They pulled 2 HP on you?

And, Yes I would not apply with my scores in Sigi, I already have a UsBank Signature - and it was closed years ago into a payment arrangement with reduced interest, They have always benn VERY good to me... I hope I am able to complete the program and come back into graces as I used to be... it had a $22,500 CL :/

Message 3 of 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I've read some posts on another board that seem to indicate they pull EQ if you apply in a branch, and the pull EX if you apply online.  I'm in WA state and they pulled EX when I applied online.

I have bill pay as one of my 5% categories and I'm earning this bonus on my monthly State Farm insurance payment, my water bill, my electricity bill, my natural gas bill, my garbage bill, my cell phone bill, my landline/house telephone bill, and my cable/internet bill (Comcast).  I'm earning over $40 per month just on bill pay.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

I've read some posts on another board that seem to indicate they pull EQ if you apply in a branch, and the pull EX if you apply online.  I'm in WA state and they pulled EX when I applied online.

I have bill pay as one of my 5% categories and I'm earning this bonus on my monthly State Farm insurance payment, my water bill, my electricity bill, my natural gas bill, my garbage bill, my cell phone bill, my landline/house telephone bill, and my cable/internet bill (Comcast).  I'm earning over $40 per month just on bill pay.

So if you set it up to auto pay those bills you are getting the 5% or do you have to go into USBank and schedule to pay the bill or? 

I pay 99% of my bills online with bill pay at the bank, so slightly confused how i do it with credit card and get the rewards.

Message 5 of 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

So if you set it up to auto pay those bills you are getting the 5% or do you have to go into USBank and schedule to pay the bill or? 

I pay 99% of my bills online with bill pay at the bank, so slightly confused how i do it with credit card and get the rewards.

I don't use "auto-pay" to pay (I'm too much of a control freak for that).  I log into each of my utility provider's websites and use my Cash+ Visa to make a payment online.  I can confirm that I am receiving the 5% cash back bonus on all of these online payments.  And, actually, I pay my electricity and natural gas bills over the phone (their automated phone systems) and use my Cash+ Visa to make the payments and I get the 5% cash back bonus on those payments, too.

I have never used US Bank's online banking bill pay feature, so I'm not sure how it works.  But if you're not using the Cash+ Visa card to make the bill payment, then it wouldn't qualify for the 5% cash bonus.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 6 of 15
djrez4
Established Contributor

Not two pulls on me.  There are two data points in the database on another site for the Cash+ in California.  One was EX and one was EQ.  The online/branch dichotomy may explain that.

If they let you back into the fold with a Cash+, bully to ya, mate.  I just don't think you automatically qualify for a new Signature card when you pay them off.  They still have to evaluate the risk of lending to you.

Message 7 of 15
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I am in so cal and they pulled ex for me.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 15
Link2k
Valued Member

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I am in so cal and they pulled ex for me.

Did you apply in branch or online?

Message 9 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

Not two pulls on me.  There are two data points in the database on another site for the Cash+ in California.  One was EX and one was EQ.  The online/branch dichotomy may explain that.

If they let you back into the fold with a Cash+, bully to ya, mate.  I just don't think you automatically qualify for a new Signature card when you pay them off.  They still have to evaluate the risk of lending to you.

Once Again, I am NOT applying for this card!  I started the thread for more information for someone else and I was agreeing up above that if my scores in sigi were correct not a good idea and further stated that I really like USbank because of how they have treated me with the offers to get it paid off... but even if that was tomorrow to happen, it's not, it's a 4 year plan and I am about 18 or so months in at best I would say... so yeah no usbank in my name alone any time soon.

Thanks for info though...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.