Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USairways

tag
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

USairways

With the merger with AA I guess its safe to say I will lose those two $99 companion passes every year. I don't need another CitiAA card. What should I do with this Barclay USairways card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USairways

The Barclays cards will not be moving to Citi when Citi takes over all issuance of new accounts.

Message 2 of 4
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Alaskagurl wrote:

With the merger with AA I guess its safe to say I will lose those two $99 companion passes every year. I don't need another CitiAA card. What should I do with this Barclay USairways card?

Hi Alaskagurl,You can do a product change to the Barclay Arravel card,Thats what I did as I already have 2 AA cards from Citi

Message 3 of 4
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Alaskagurl wrote:

I received an email just yesterday stating the following:

"When the US Airways and American Airlines frequent flyer programs merge, your card will automatically become an American Airlines AAdvantage MasterCard, issued by Barclaycard."

The email also stated that beginning April 30th, cardholders and up to four companions will receive their first checked bag free.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with the companion passes.  Haven't seen anything about those just yet.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.