Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UTIL ?? BUSINESS vs PERSONAL

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

UTIL ?? BUSINESS vs PERSONAL

I have 3 personal CCs. One from my bank ($5k CL), my CU ($2500 CL) and CapOne ($2k CL).  I also have a $5k LOC with my bank.  Does that give me a total of available credit of$14,500 when figuring my utilization percentage?  Does the LOC count or not count against util?  Also, I have a business CC (CapOne $2k).  Does the Business CC go for or against my util?  Does Business even show on my personal CR?

Thanks!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: UTIL ?? BUSINESS vs PERSONAL

To calculate your util for FICO, look at your personal 'revolving' credit cards. If the LoC is showing as rev and not installment-you can use it. Business cc's usually do not show on your personal cr. again, you would need to review your CR's.
Message 2 of 4
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I just looked at my CR (www.eliminateidtheft.com) and it shows my bank CC but there is no mention on the report about the LOC and I recieved the availability of funds as soon as I stepped out the bank...however that was only about a month ago.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

CAP1 business cards do hurt your UTL because they report on your personal CR's as well as business CR's.

I have one and had to learn when not to use so as not to get a ding from the high UTL even tho it was PIF every month.

Sometimes business expenses can't be help and you have to make that purchase and boom it hits CR's..... ouch

FYI..Chase Amex only report to business CR's unless defaulted on then personal CR's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.