Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UW Departments = Island Time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UW Departments = Island Time

In the garden twiddling my thumbs. Patiently waiting, waiting, and still waiting! Ok I'm not that patient but I've refrained from calling and bugging either Capital One or Chase. Potential credit increase on my QS and possible approval for my Sapphire card both stated as "recommended for approval" before being sent to the UW departments who will have an answer within 7-10 days. Not sure that even means anything after reading about the manual review times around here once off to UW, especially for Chase. So I've decided to relax and give it at least two weeks before I start calling once a day, every single day. Would like a positive outcome but whatever the universe hands me is ok. (although if Chase denies me after what I've gone through I will recon that decision to the death) Had to come here and vent about this nerve-racking process.

Wish they would stop telling me about recommendations and start giving me solid answers! Smiley LOL

Happy Saturday

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: UW Departments = Island Time

They have to be held accountable, and only WE can do that.

so wait a little.. then contact them as you plan.

afterall, they are running a business, and you are a customer :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy Very true

Message 3 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OF course, remain polite.

In the event several weeks have passed, and you hear NOTHING.. and they keep telling you to wait, you REQUEST nicely to speak with someone who CAN help you OR contact the Executive Office.

lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course! It is imperative to remain polite in these situations. There is a huge difference between a courteous request and a demand. Sometimes a persons attitude can turn a yes into a no and vice versa. Negativity doesnt net results! So I always use my professional smiling voice on the phone even when I want to say LISTEN HERE DARNIT.... Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have to watch my temper LOL..

but generally, I fair well. :-) typing that is more of a self reminder lol

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.