Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Benefits question

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Benefits question

@sunkissedwrote:

I'd rather have the coverage than get 5% cash back.

That's going to vary from person to person!   I have only made one claim, and that was on a new phone and was covered by Discover's new purchase policy.   Whereas I've paid lots of cell phone bills!    But certainly one incident for which you get reimbursed can be worth years of 5%.

Message 11 of 16
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@longtimelurkerwrote:

@sunkissedwrote:

I'd rather have the coverage than get 5% cash back.

That's going to vary from person to person!   I have only made one claim, and that was on a new phone and was covered by Discover's new purchase policy.   Whereas I've paid lots of cell phone bills!    But certainly one incident for which you get reimbursed can be worth years of 5%.

Very true. I was looking at it from the perspective of cost savings from not paying out-of-pocket for coverage on 4 phones. (Which I do not currently do). Of course, I could continue to not pay for coverage and pay the bill with Cash + earning 5%, but then I'd have no coverage. On the other hand, if I earn 5% cash back on my bill maybe it would ofset any phone mishap. Tough call.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Uber states:

• Cellular wireless telephone which has been rented, leased, borrowed or cellular wireless telephones that are received as part of a pre-paid wireless service plan or “pay as you go” type service plans.

Does this mean that the phone that I'm paying monthly payments to AT&T is not covered?   As far as I know I own it and it is not rented or borrowed.  I only have 3 more months of payments on it then I definitely own it.  

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it to me.
Message 14 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymouswrote:

The Uber states:

• Cellular wireless telephone which has been rented, leased, borrowed or cellular wireless telephones that are received as part of a pre-paid wireless service plan or “pay as you go” type service plans.

Does this mean that the phone that I'm paying monthly payments to AT&T is not covered?   As far as I know I own it and it is not rented or borrowed.  I only have 3 more months of payments on it then I definitely own it.  

If in doubt you can reach out directly to Barclays but IMO you're fine.  You're not renting and you do own the phone, you're just financing it with the carrier.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct above^

In my case, I have 4 lines in my account. 3 owned 100% and mine is on lease. I would assume I can use the benefit for the three I have that are owned.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.