Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh, I am so annoyed with Barclays!

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Ugh, I am so annoyed with Barclays!

This is my only  2nd time being AA / CLD since rebuilding BK 8 years ago. I dont get it..  I was approved for Juniper in 2010 and then in 2013 got approved for Apple Visa card but both accounts got slashed.

the letter says -  Bankrupcty indicated on credit bureau, credit score shows 733 with the date 01/06/2016 and of course its TU. never had great luck with TU.

Anyways,   CL on apple visa card was $3200 its now at $1600 and Juniper Card was $6800 now its $3400.  Smiley Mad

I don't get it. they knew well I had BK the whole time when I got those 2 accounts.

btw BAL is $0 on both accounts, but last month I just paid it all off on Juniper so that account is also at $0 it had little over thousand dollars on it because of this stunt they pulled on me, my util is now gonna be around 12% or so instead of under 5%. thinking about getting rid of them all together! Smiley Mad

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ugh, I am so annoyed with Barclays!

That sucks.  Sorry to hear that.  Perhaps the banks are starting to tighten up due to the stock market's downturn/financial outlook

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 2 of 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Ugh, I am so annoyed with Barclays!

that is really annoying! especially since you have had the cards for so long. Did you recently open up several cards? It sounds like you keep utilization down, so it cant be because of incuring debt. If this is because of the bankruptcy which has been there, maybe their systems auto reviewed the account and took the bankruptcy as being something more recent? If thats the case, you should definitely call them. They might reinstate the CL. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.