cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh! Need computer, which card to use? Or new one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ugh! Need computer, which card to use? Or new one?

Apple = Rolls Royce? Lol.

In any case..Whatever you pick, im sure will be the right choice.
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

thread started out as "I really want a new IMAC, what card should I put it on" to a debate on wether you should go Apple or PC. Get whatever you want with all the bells and whistles you can afford since it may be another 15 years before you get another one. 

AND STAY IN THE GARDEN!!

Message 42 of 46
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

What I am saying is  if you need a car to get from A to B you do not need a Rolls-Royce... a safe, dependable  and lower end car will do if you do not have the money for the Rolls. That is how I see the iMac compared to a decent Windows PC or lap top.

While Apple does charge a premium, Rolls Royce is a poor analogy IMO. In any case, the Apple versus PC "debate" is irrelevant. Like anything else, one needs to weight the options to determine what is best for the individual versus trying to proclaim one or the other as universally better. Better is always highly subjective regardless of topic.

@B335is wrote:

If you're open to a PC, but leave the garden, I would go for Bill Me Later. It's a hidden TL.

Paypal Credit (BML is no more) is a payment option with Apple as well.

Message 43 of 46
chalupaman
Super Contributor

The cool thing about Bill Me Later is that even if the initial limit they give you is low, just by making a purchase over your credit line, they can evaluate to see if you qualify for an CLI right then and there as a SP and essentially have your limit increased as a result of making the Mac purchase. I'd go with that too. There's no worrying about whether it will affect your AAoA or any of that because it doesn't report as BB was saying.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 44 of 46
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Mac Mall also has the option, there's a few BML (Paypal Credit) lines. I think Newegg is another one. Ron has all of them.
Message 45 of 46
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Mac Mall also has the option, there's a few BML (Paypal Credit) lines. I think Newegg is another one. Ron has all of them.

Yup. I think the other BML TLs have better starting limits than Paypal Credit. I'd go with Newegg or MacMall the most since they both gave me $2k starting limits. Paypal Credit only gave me $501 in comparison.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.