Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh US Bank messed up

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Ugh US Bank messed up

I apped for Cash+. I told them I would close out two other accounts if they approved me for it.

Instead they created another line for me and only gave me a $2500 limit. So I assume they did not approve me for Cash+. So now I have 4 accounts with them, and the only one I am going to use is the Flexperks signature.

I get to go through the whole process of combining 3 accounts into one Cash+. This is harder than it should be.

Lesson learned. Apply in person or over the phone whenever you want to include things like closing other accounts. Because even if you call in after to get that noted on the application, it will still likely be ignored.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Ugh US Bank messed up

I've found from checking to ccs, they like to screw things up.

How did you apply?

Also, the flexperks is a signature with minimum 5kcl right?
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

How did you apply?

I apped online. Then called in to explain what I wanted to do if they were unable to approve me for another signature card.

I got the flexperks signature in June, so I did not think they would approve me for the Cash+ so soon. That I why I told them I would line swap from other account and then close them. They said yeah sure no problem. I then later see that I am approved for a regular cash rewards card with a $2500 limit and my other accounts are unchanged.

I called back yesterday trying to get everything fixed. I will see how long that takes.

I am trying to make it so I only have the flexperks signature and the Cash+.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

How did you apply?

I have also noticed they like to screw things up, but then again so do all companies. The thing I like about US Bank is when they screw something up they are usually able to fix it. I think if Crap1 did the same thing they would be very confused and not willing to do anything.

Message 4 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

How did you apply?

I have also noticed they like to screw things up, but then again so do all companies. The thing I like about US Bank is when they screw something up they are usually able to fix it. I think if Crap1 did the same thing they would be very confused and not willing to do anything.

Yes, the flexperks is also 5k minimum just like the Cash+. I am leaving that account alone tho. I also have the flexperks select and their no rewards college card.

Message 5 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

How did you apply?

Yes, the flexperks is also 5k minimum just like the Cash+. I am leaving that account alone tho. I also have the flexperks select and their no rewards college card.

Well if they already opened up the Cash rewards line, call up and ask to just move the CL from your other two cards to your cash rewards and ask them to convert it to the cash+ siggy. 

Message 6 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Yep one of the good things is that they correct their mistakes. We opened a platinum checking package couple of weeks ago and they screwed up the names and the package itself... I they even sent us 120 checks with the wrong name and charge us for them lol.

Had to call in and they fixed everything in just one call.

Hope they can handle your case as easily. The good luck

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

If you have a platinum package checks should be free.

Message 8 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

They are but they opened the package as gold one instead of platinum. I mentioned I applied for the platinum and they gave me a credit of 22.95 for the checks and sent me new ones with the correct names for free.

Message 9 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
They are but they opened the package as gold one instead of platinum. I mentioned I applied for the platinum and they gave me a credit of 22.95 for the checks and sent me new ones with the correct names for free.

If only they sent you checks with the wrong account number instead. That would've been a great perk of their platinum checking Smiley Very Happy 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.