Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh at cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh at cap 1

After requesting a CLI on my BBRZMC, I specifically asked if it was a hard pull.."no, ma'am, it's a soft inquiry"..what shows up on my fico score watch  today...a new inquiry from capital one :-/

on top of getting bit by a Rottweiler at work today, hasn't been a good day :-/

Can I get the inquiry removed?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Ugh at cap 1

@Anonymous wrote:

After requesting a CLI on my BBRZMC, I specifically asked if it was a hard pull.."no, ma'am, it's a soft inquiry"..what shows up on my fico score watch  today...a new inquiry from capital one :-/

Hmm, when I got CLI on my BBRZMC it was a soft pull. I also call the lady at the exec office, she said, since I just got CLI, I have to wait 6 months if I want a bigger CLI to match my other cards This lady is from CAP1 exec office that handles BB acct.

EDIT: they refund my AF(s), i got the gold version with 59AF. Have it since '08

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Next time tell them "This call is now being recorded for my quality assurance, what's your name? agent number? will this be a hard inquiry on my report? ok thank you" actually does wonders, and if it doesn't work you still creep the **bleep** outta the CSR Smiley Happy

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may try the exec office..if anything else, just keep it for my $10.61/mo onstar charge..but I don't need another inquiry...15 is plenty!!

Message 4 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

.... 15? Why? Credit cards are not like Pokemon cards

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 8 are mortgage, 3 are vehicle refinance, discover, Walmart, usaa, and amazon.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And a few are over 1 year Smiley Happy and the refinance are all in the same week, so at least I don't get dinged 15x...

Message 7 of 11
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Hold on.... Capital One sent a Rottweiler to bite you at work!!!.... yikes!   Thats a new low for them!  Smiley Very Happy

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 8 of 11
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, when I got CLI on my BBRZMC it was a soft pull. I also call the lady at the exec office, she said, since I just got CLI, I have to wait 6 months if I want a bigger CLI to match my other cards This lady is from CAP1 exec office that handles BB acct.

EDIT: they refund my AF(s), i got the gold version with 59AF. Have it since '08

Can you PM me the number and name. I would like my BBRZMC to get a CLI, I also have the version with a AF.$39 though...Ugh this limit is a joke!

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 9 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

Hold on.... Capital One sent a Rottweiler to bite you at work!!!.... yikes!   Thats a new low for them!  Smiley Very Happy

lol 

Moral of the story through OP: Never trust a cap1 CSR. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.