Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh!

tag
havlow
Valued Member

Ugh!

My citi card magnetic strip has started to wear so I was wanting to get a replacement card.  I went under the tools and services screen and thought I hit the "order replacement card button" and instead apparently hit the "CLI request" button which is right above it.  Immediately I get a message saying that they couldn't approve me for a CLI (well yeah I'm in the process of raising my scores and my Util% is still too high) and then it said I would get some kind of letter explaining why I was denied.

My question is this:  Was this a hard pull?  I'm really going to be pissed that pressing a button without an option to submit information or the "are you sure you wanna do this page?" did a hard pull on my credit after I've been busting my ass trying to get my scores up Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if I just screwed up?

Starting Score: EX: 658 TU: 646 EQ: 651
Current Score: EX: 733 TU: 749 EQ: 743
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ugh!

Most likely is was only a soft pull.  But, if you want to know for sure, you'll have to pull your CR's to find out.
Message 2 of 3
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Ugh!

PP is correct but it is almost certain they did not instant HP.  if you didn't fill out a form you should be fine.  again, you can double check your report to verify if you are concerned about it.

i did the same thing at citi's site and was so annoyed at myself.  i even called to see if they could retract the request, a long shot but i figured at the time that it couldn't hurt.  in any case it did not result in an HP.  ultimately nothing much came of it (besides a denial letter) remember inqs are one of the smallest pieces of the pie chart at 10% if i remember correctly. 

a single inq. is unlikely to cause problems and in this case imo you would have grounds to request goodwill removal if one appeared which i seriously doubt.  i think it is pushing the envelope somewhat to allow for a one click request to prompt a HP since it is not uncommon for even a good typist to have a stray click now and again.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.