Valued Member
havlow

Ugh!

My citi card magnetic strip has started to wear so I was wanting to get a replacement card.  I went under the tools and services screen and thought I hit the "order replacement card button" and instead apparently hit the "CLI request" button which is right above it.  Immediately I get a message saying that they couldn't approve me for a CLI (well yeah I'm in the process of raising my scores and my Util% is still too high) and then it said I would get some kind of letter explaining why I was denied.

My question is this:  Was this a hard pull?  I'm really going to be pissed that pressing a button without an option to submit information or the "are you sure you wanna do this page?" did a hard pull on my credit after I've been busting my ass trying to get my scores up :smileysad:

Does anyone know if I just screwed up?

Starting Score: EX: 658 TU: 646 EQ: 651
Current Score: EX: 658 TU: 646 EQ: 651
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
txjohn

Re: Ugh!

Most likely is was only a soft pull.  But, if you want to know for sure, you'll have to pull your CR's to find out.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: Ugh!

PP is correct but it is almost certain they did not instant HP.  if you didn't fill out a form you should be fine.  again, you can double check your report to verify if you are concerned about it.

i did the same thing at citi's site and was so annoyed at myself.  i even called to see if they could retract the request, a long shot but i figured at the time that it couldn't hurt.  in any case it did not result in an HP.  ultimately nothing much came of it (besides a denial letter) remember inqs are one of the smallest pieces of the pie chart at 10% if i remember correctly. 

a single inq. is unlikely to cause problems and in this case imo you would have grounds to request goodwill removal if one appeared which i seriously doubt.  i think it is pushing the envelope somewhat to allow for a one click request to prompt a HP since it is not uncommon for even a good typist to have a stray click now and again.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (WALMART)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+