Established Contributor
Exonumist

Uh Oh...

I absolutely despise the Paypal Extras MC automated customer service. It was refusing to transfer me to a representative. I ended up saying something along the lines of "I'm about to close the _______ account! Representative" So then it said that closing my account would also close all authorized users made a noise and then said OK I closed your account for you and hung up on me. :smileysad:  I called back right away and talked to a guy. He put me on hold came back a few minutes later trying to tell me that the account was closed and he couldn't reopen it. I would have to apply again. Up until that point I was really nice, but  I went off on him and demanded to speak with a supervisor. He put me on hold and then came back thirty seconds later to tell me that the account was reopened and everything was the same. I dodged a major bullet here. It's my highest limit and has about $100 of rewards points sitting on it. Just wanted to share so that hopefully nobody else says something in frustration to the automated system. It will take you very seriously. I just can't believe that it wouldn't ask for a confirmation that you want to close the account or transfer you to a person. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Uh Oh...

D-Wall wrote:

I absolutely despise the Paypal Extras MC automated customer service. It was refusing to transfer me to a representative. I ended up saying something along the lines of "I'm about to close the _______ account! Representative" So then it said that closing my account would also close all authorized users made a noise and then said OK I closed your account for you and hung up on me. :smileysad:  I called back right away and talked to a guy. He put me on hold came back a few minutes later trying to tell me that the account was closed and he couldn't reopen it. I would have to apply again. Up until that point I was really nice, but  I went off on him and demanded to speak with a supervisor. He put me on hold and then came back thirty seconds later to tell me that the account was reopened and everything was the same. I dodged a major bullet here. It's my highest limit and has about $100 of rewards points sitting on it. Just wanted to share so that hopefully nobody else says something in frustration to the automated system. It will take you very seriously. I just can't believe that it wouldn't ask for a confirmation that you want to close the account or transfer you to a person. 

:smileysurprised:Wow

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Valued Contributor
thom02099

D-Wall wrote:

O.M.G! ! !

OP is a big time bullet dodger ! ! ! !

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014
Established Contributor
eddie84

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting.  I also absolutely hate their automated phone service.  Now I'll add that to the list of things not to say (usually I only say "credit line increase" anyway lol).

9/21/14 EQ 704 | AmEx Platinum NPSL | Discover it $11k | BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $7k | Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WMC $10k | Barclaycard Arrival+ WMC $9.7k | Jared/Kay $5.1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5k | DFS $5k | PayPal SC $5.6k | PayPal Credit $6.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4.7k | BofA Better Balance Rewards MC $7k | Chase Freedom Visa $4k | Zales $5k | US Bank Visa Platinum $3k | Bloomingdale's $3k | Amex Hilton HHonors $2k | Macy's $2.5k | Amex Delta SkyMiles $1k | Chase Amazon $800
Established Contributor
JonStur

That's got to be the proverbial " mouth writing a check your butt can't cash"!!!! Glad you got it back..guess that system would be great at poker, ready and willing to call a bluff!!!

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Established Contributor
n777ua

I was mad at the GE Amazon automated system a few weeks ago and finally said "agent agent agent!" to which it replied "are you sure you'd like to close your account ?"

For God's sakes...no!

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Frequent Contributor
racer-x

[ Edited ]

Yea, PP automated system sucks....With them, and others as well, I always just say "OPERATOR", or I press "0".  That usually gets me this response;  "Ok, a representative will be right with you."

Starting Score 9/12: EQ 645 TU 641 EX 651
Current Score5/13: myFico EQ 729 DicoverTU 710 myFico EX 734
Goal Score: 750

AMEX PRG,AMEX BCP-$15.1k,US Bank PLOC-$15K,CSP-$15k,Freedom-$6k,CapOneVisa-$15k,US Bank Visa-$10k, DCU Visa-$10k,Paypal MC-$15k,USAA MC-$12k,Lowes-$8600,CapOne Visa-$10k,Discover IT-$12.9K,BoA Visa-$10.1K Walmart -$4k,GECU Visa-$3500, US RLOC-$750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
jeffery581

it makes you want to avoid GECRB. they are all the same. usually it takes 5 minutes of pressing 0 to get live "help" .

Capital One QuicksilverOne MC| MTV Visa | Sony Visa | NFL Visa | ebay MC | Best Buy MC | Credit One Visa | JCP | Kohl's| Conoco | Bloomingdale's | Lowe's | CareCredit | Firestone | Walmart | Academy Sports Visa | Macy's | Target | Amazon | Gap |
Established Contributor
Exonumist

See that's the thing. I had to have said representative, agent, csr, pushed 0, etc at least a total of about 30  times cumulatively. It wasn't even doing the typical response of asking what I was calling about to get me to "the right person". I was just frustrated and said it more to myself then anything. I don't know. I'm just glad I was able to get them to reverse it. 

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}