Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ulta Rewards Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ulta Rewards Mastercard

@AmandyOvo No. You would not be able to get the MasterCard version. When you applied for the store card there was a reason that they offered you the store version and not the MasterCard. You cannot apply again. You could possibly contact and ask to be upgraded to the MasterCard but it's doubtful.
Message 181 of 187
charleybea
Established Member

I apologize in advance for bumping a slightly older thread...

I'd like to apply for this card.  After reading through previous responses, I tried to get the shopping cart option to pop up with an offer to apply, but that didn't happen.  I then checked in my email and I had a couple of old emails saying I was pre-approved.  Once in August 2016 and the following month in September.  I also recall last year while checking out, an associate told me that I was pre-approved for the card (not sure which one), but I declined at the time.

I've since changed my mind and am curious if I should just apply online or if I should go in store?  Any thoughts on which is the better route?

Message 182 of 187
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@charleybea wrote:

I apologize in advance for bumping a slightly older thread...

I'd like to apply for this card.  After reading through previous responses, I tried to get the shopping cart option to pop up with an offer to apply, but that didn't happen.  I then checked in my email and I had a couple of old emails saying I was pre-approved.  Once in August 2016 and the following month in September.  I also recall last year while checking out, an associate told me that I was pre-approved for the card (not sure which one), but I declined at the time.

I've since changed my mind and am curious if I should just apply online or if I should go in store?  Any thoughts on which is the better route?

I would try in the store to see if you're pre approved before you hit the button and that way since they will pull your credit it wont be in vain.  they give you the option to use your 20% off another day. bank your points and become platinum its more beneficial than using the 3.00 off. you lose money and points.

Message 183 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! i hope they send me one too.. NO i want sephora to come out with one. That would be awesome. I spend so much money in sephora its a shame lol. Congrats tho!!!. Nice limit too for such a new card. 

Message 184 of 187
charleybea
Established Member

@sparklerd34 wrote:

I would try in the store to see if you're pre approved before you hit the button and that way since they will pull your credit it wont be in vain.  they give you the option to use your 20% off another day. bank your points and become platinum its more beneficial than using the 3.00 off. you lose money and points.

Hey thanks for your input!  I ended up applying online and took the HP - inquiries were low.  Ended up with the store card - $500 limit.  I was hoping for the mastercard, but I'll try to upgrade that when my score gets a bit higher and my utilization is lower as well.

@

Message 185 of 187
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! i hope they send me one too.. NO i want sephora to come out with one. That would be awesome. I spend so much money in sephora its a shame lol. Congrats tho!!!. Nice limit too for such a new card. 

You can use your JCP card on Sephora.com and JCP Sephora btw

Message 186 of 187
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@charleybea wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

Hey thanks for your input!  I ended up applying online and took the HP - inquiries were low.  Ended up with the store card - $500 limit.  I was hoping for the mastercard, but I'll try to upgrade that when my score gets a bit higher and my utilization is lower as well.

@

Congrats!  Im sure you will get use out of it. Smiley Happy

Message 187 of 187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.