Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

I successfully apped for the Amazon store card 2ish weeks ago (in time for Christmas), I did not app for the Visa because I knew Chase would decline me for high util & too many inquiries. 

I just received an email, "Congratulating me for being approved for the Amazon Visa" AND it has been added to my Amazon account as a default form of payment (WHICH IT HAS)

I didn't app for this card, there is nothing on any of my reports from Chase. Has this happened to anyone else?? 

p.s. I didn't click on any of the email's links, I went to my Amazon account on another, secure, computer and a new Amazon Visa exp 12/05 is sitting under my forms of payment. 

Kinda freaked out a little, seeing as my identity has already been stolen once Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Um ,,say what Amazon Visa?

So you are saying that Chase Amazon Visa shows up under you payment option. You also sure you never applied Amazon Visa?

In that case change the password on your Amazon account and call Chase. As a precaution scan your computer for any keylogger.

Message 2 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Already done everything but call Chase. No I definitely did not app this card.

Message 3 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I change my pws every 6 weeks I changed them all for my own piece of mind. The info about the visa on amazons site the card cant be used until the user agreement is signed online (which was in my email to go to but I didn't) or when you get the card and call to activate it so that's good. I can't find the cs # for chase specific to this card though
Message 4 of 31
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I successfully apped for the Amazon store card 2ish weeks ago (in time for Christmas), I did not app for the Visa because I knew Chase would decline me for high util & too many inquiries. 

I just received an email, "Congratulating me for being approved for the Amazon Visa" AND it has been added to my Amazon account as a default form of payment (WHICH IT HAS)

I didn't app for this card, there is nothing on any of my reports from Chase. Has this happened to anyone else?? 

p.s. I didn't click on any of the email's links, I went to my Amazon account on another, secure, computer and a new Amazon Visa exp 12/05 is sitting under my forms of payment. 

Kinda freaked out a little, seeing as my identity has already been stolen once Smiley Sad

On the Amazon site, you actually have to go past the first app (which is for the Visa) to get to the store only app. Are you positive you did that?

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 5 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Yes I apped thru checkout and the store card was the only one available. I didn't have a preapproval or anything it just said would I like to apply with a pic of the store card that I have. Chase isn't on any of my reports in over a year
Message 6 of 31
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:
Yes I apped thru checkout and the store card was the only one available. I didn't have a preapproval or anything it just said would I like to apply with a pic of the store card that I have. Chase isn't on any of my reports in over a year

Do you have any inquiry from First USA or something similar. Sometimes Chase comes up under that name on credit reports.  

Message 7 of 31
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

No just gecrb amazon
Message 8 of 31
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

That is very strange. I'm curious to know if Amazon does something similar to some store cards in that they see if you qualify for the major cards (in this case the VISA) and then if they can't approve you for that they go to the store version or they upgrade you if you are eligible. 

Message 9 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

That is very strange. I'm curious to know if Amazon does something similar to some store cards in that they see if you qualify for the major cards (in this case the VISA) and then if they can't approve you for that they go to the store version or they upgrade you if you are eligible. 

They don't

OP the only that caught my attention is you say you see a card Exp 12/05.  Did you mean Decemeber 2015 or 2005?

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.