Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay AMEX before statement

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Unable to pay AMEX before statement

I have had an HHonors card for a few days now. I set up my online account and made a payment for $10 just to make sure I had everything set up properly before I started making charges. The payment cleared and I then had a $10 credit balance.

Then I started making charges, I have charged a few hundred dollars to it. I would like to pay that amount before my statement cuts, but the system is not letting me make another payment.

How do I fix this?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to pay AMEX before statement

Do you have bill pay on your checking account? I've read that you can push payment through from your bank even when the CCC doesn't let you make a payment.
Message 2 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you have bill pay on your checking account? I've read that you can push payment through from your bank even when the CCC doesn't let you make a payment.

+1 This is true. Discover wouldn't let me pay my account on their site so I pushed the payment through my bank Bill Pay.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Thanks, good idea.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Thanks, good idea.

After your first statement cuts you shouldn't have an issue. A lot of CCCs won't let you pull a payment through their website until your first statement cuts. 

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I agree let the first statement cut and you should be able to make multiple payments.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Thanks, good idea.

After your first statement cuts you shouldn't have an issue. A lot of CCCs won't let you pull a payment through their website until your first statement cuts. 

i found that out this morning on the BofA website. I can pay anytime (including multiple times per month if I want) on my 4 yr old BofA cc, but I wasn't able to pay anything on my new (3 weeks old) BankAmericard CashRewards card until my first statement (that will cut on 10/24)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.