Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unapproved charge classmates.com

tag
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Unapproved charge classmates.com

Doing my bills today and checking statements I found a unapproved charge for $39.95 from classmates.com

I called classmates and all they would say is that I have a free membership with them.

They wont' tell me anything about this charge,only to call my CCC and dispute this charge. Grrrr

I had bought a gold membership (I think that's what it was called) 5 or 6 yrs ago, to look up the names of people who left me messages.Because that was the way the web site was setup,you couldn't see the persons names unless you paid money.

I canceled this membership immediately after viewing the names, so there shouldn't be any charges now.

I guess I need to monitor my CR's closely again. So it's time to get scorewatch again.

So this post is just a word of caution and to remind everyone to check their CC statements.Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unapproved charge classmates.com

Very good advice LIGHTNIN, I hope you get this sorted.

Thank you for the heads up.

Happy Holidays.

Message 2 of 4
john398
Senior Contributor

Thanks I always check my transactions

Message 3 of 4
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Classmates is still up to this stuff?  Didn't they get in hot water for pulling stunts like this not too long ago?  I know they've been doing this sort of thing for _years_.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.