Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable, Hsbc secured still waiting 3 months

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Unbelievable, Hsbc secured still waiting 3 months

My son applied for secured card in the beginning of Oct. He called last Tuesday and they said they will e-mail the bank who does the secured cards and get back to us. They called Friday around noon and asked about employment and address of job and  hung up. I had my son call and see what they might say today. Same thing  they said last time. When did you mail your documents to us . Son said I mailed the last documents you asked for on Dec 12th. And he says well  I will have to put you on hold and ask my supervisor if she knows anything. 10-15 min later he comes back yea sir we need to get all your documents together as the holidays things are a little behind and we don't have everything here so we will contact the other bank and call you within a week and ask you some final questions. He made it sound like each document went to different departments and he apologized  saying this takes time thanks for being patient. I got on the phone and said you keep saying the same  $#$#$ over and over. I told them he will be 22 when you finally let him know either way. Then I said I should call someone higher up this is crazy,after all the lady just made him wait until Friday for the last call and now their bargening for another week. This is the worst service Ive ever experienced for a stupid secured card.  UNREAL !!!!!!!    

If anyone out there has applied for a Hsbc secured card please tell me your story. Maybe they lost something or everything.    

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Unbelievable, Hsbc secured still waiting 3 months

@ShiningDown wrote:

My son applied for secured card in the beginning of Oct. He called last Tuesday and they said they will e-mail the bank who does the secured cards and get back to us. They called Friday around noon and asked about employment and address of job and  hung up. I had my son call and see what they might say today. Same thing  they said last time. When did you mail your documents to us . Son said I mailed the last documents you asked for on Dec 12th. And he says well  I will have to put you on hold and ask my supervisor if she knows anything. 10-15 min later he comes back yea sir we need to get all your documents together as the holidays things are a little behind and we don't have everything here so we will contact the other bank and call you within a week and ask you some final questions. He made it sound like each document went to different departments and he apologized  saying this takes time thanks for being patient. I got on the phone and said you keep saying the same  $#$#$ over and over. I told them he will be 22 when you finally let him know either way. Then I said I should call someone higher up this is crazy,after all the lady just made him wait until Friday for the last call and now their bargening for another week. This is the worst service Ive ever experienced for a stupid secured card.  UNREAL !!!!!!!    

If anyone out there has applied for a Hsbc secured card please tell me your story. Maybe they lost something or everything.    

Have you tried any other secured cards?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 15
Smug
Established Contributor

I hate HSBC....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I hate HSBC....

Haven't had a problem with them so far, have 2 cards for the past 6 months.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

He applied for this one because the rep said he didn't need a job to get it but maybe it has something to do with the oct 1st law or rules ,  but no he has not tried other secured cards. Amazon store card approved him for 300 a while back he has not made his first payment yet.    Sorry I forgot he did apply for a secured capital one 6-8 months ago ! Denied.

Message 5 of 15
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I also have a Hsbc platinum card and no problems either since august 2011.

Message 6 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Part of the issue is that HSBC sold off part of their credit card portfolio. No matter which company sells off their credit card portfolio especially not the entire portfolio causes a few delays and hiccups. 

Was he approved for the secured card? If yes then see next question..... If no then he still going through underwriting for approval, just have to be patient.........

Has your son sent in his deposit for the secured card? If yes then see next question...... If no then with-out sending in the funds your card is on hold until funds secured......

Were the funds your son sent to HSBC cashed? If yes then your card has been approved and on its way usually takes about 2-3 weeks once cashed check from what others have posted..... If no then they may not have received funds and this could be holding things up.....

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 15
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

They act like everything is in a different place than where they are so they don't have answers but will tell him later this week after gathering and processing all of his information. I will post as soon as he is either approved or denied.  Sent app and documents and money order  already befire November 22. He said give them a week.  

Message 8 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

They act like everything is in a different place than where they are so they don't have answers but will tell him later this week after gathering and processing all of his information. I will post as soon as he is either approved or denied.  Sent app and documents and money order  already befire November 22. He said give them a week.  

Use the tracking number on money order and call to find out if the funds were cashed and by whom and the date it was cashed? 

If was cashed by them I would call them up and ask them why you still haven't received your card yet as they cashed your money order on such and such date.

If it was not cashed as of yet then you will just have to wait until they come to a decision.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 9 of 15
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I just called and it has not been cashed yet. I know they received it on Nov 22nd.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.