Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under Review @ NFCU- Advice?

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Under Review @ NFCU- Advice?

My husband and I finally just took the plunge and applied for everything we wanted at NFCU- a $12k debt consolidation loan, a refi on his truck, and a Cash Rewards CC.  We got APPROVED for the $12k loan (woo hoo!) but the refi and CC are "under review"... is that a bad thing?  He has no revolving credit and no baddies except late on student loan 6 months ago... but unfortunately they say they pull EQ, which is his lowest score @ 614- TU was at 639 a few weeks back (may be higher now though) and EX is probably about the same as TU (only have FAKO for EX). the anticipation is KILLING us! lol!  Who else has experience with approval and "under review"?

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Under Review @ NFCU- Advice?

My cc app was "under review' for half a day and I got $3k with a 598 EQ. It happens often. Don't sweat it!
Message 2 of 8
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much, that makes me feel so much better!!! Oh also, refund was approved! Woot woot!
Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm being told credit cards department is a little behind today so I wouldn't worry about the delay.... infact the automated system just told me my hold time was "about 14 minutes and 30 seconds" for credit card underwriting!

Message 4 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
My cc app was "under review' for half a day and I got $3k with a 598 EQ. It happens often. Don't sweat it!

Thanks for this info. I'm pretty low in EQ land right now too and am planning on applying with NFCU in a few months once I bring things up a little more. It's good to know there's hope for someone like me Smiley Happy

EQ 616 TU 638 EX 642 - MyFICO 4/2015

previously: EQ 578 TU 613 EX 614 - MyFICO 2/2015
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

How low are you? Many think they should wait but not with navy!
Message 6 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
How low are you? Many think they should wait but not with navy!

580. Up from the 540s a few months ago. A work in progress. I plan to open a bank account with them next week to get in and start  relationship. I will pull EQ again before then just to see if there's been any progress this past month. I pfd'd a few things and opened secured cards a few months ago; making sure util stays under 10% on one and rotate between them.

EQ 616 TU 638 EX 642 - MyFICO 4/2015

previously: EQ 578 TU 613 EX 614 - MyFICO 2/2015
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If open and apply for credit as soon as your pfd and secure card update... I bet a nice approval!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.