Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting criteria for Amex Gold vs. Amex PRG

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Underwriting criteria for Amex Gold vs. Amex PRG

Anyone have any thoughts about the U/W criteria? I was wondering (when my scores and credit profile warrant it) if there was a better chance of being approved for the gold over the PRG.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Underwriting criteria for Amex Gold vs. Amex PRG

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Anyone have any thoughts about the U/W criteria? I was wondering (when my scores and credit profile warrant it) if there was a better chance of being approved for the gold over the PRG.

Don't go for the Gold. They have the same underwriting, the PRG is a much better deal with the 50k points for $1k spend bonus it has and its fee credit and bonus categories.

Message 2 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I haven't seen the 50k points offer show up for me, even when I'm incognito in Chrome, or private browsing in Firefox. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Don't go for the Gold. They have the same underwriting, the PRG is a much better deal with the 50k points for $1k spend bonus it has and its fee credit and bonus categories.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I haven't seen the 50k points offer show up for me, even when I'm incognito in Chrome, or private browsing in Firefox. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

If it's not showing up, try regular and private browsing on as many different browsers and devices as you can until you see it. It's a bit random sometimes, but it's out there.

Message 4 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

If it's not showing up, try regular and private browsing on as many different browsers and devices as you can until you see it. It's a bit random sometimes, but it's out there.

Tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome on my work PC - nothing, even with each browser's private mode enabled. Cleared history and cookies on each browser before doing it too.

Tried on my MacBook Pro with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome- nothing again. 

Tried Safari and Chrome on my iPad - nothing. 

Tried all of these from three separate networks - work LAN, work wifi, and tethered from my phone. 

Guess it's not meant to be Smiley Sad 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome on my work PC - nothing, even with each browser's private mode enabled. Cleared history and cookies on each browser before doing it too.

Tried all of these from three separate networks - work LAN, work wifi, and tethered from my phone. 

I applied with the 50k offer a few weeks ago, I had been seeing every day until this morning. Maybe it's expired, but I would have thought Amex would put out a nice offer to go along with the new benefits. I guess not.

Message 6 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I applied with the 50k offer a few weeks ago, I had been seeing every day until this morning. Maybe it's expired, but I would have thought Amex would put out a nice offer to go along with the new benefits. I guess not.

Lol, funny you say that! Look what I just posted in Apps: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Anyone-seen-the-Amex-PRG-50k-offer-today/td-p/4047844

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.