Did you mean: 

Unexpected Cap1 CLI

tag
KimberH
New Contributor

Re: Unexpected Cap1 CLI

I got one today as well.

My stats:

$2000 CL initially (part of credit steps 2 years ago - I went from 1000-1500-2000) then stagnant for the last year. Received a $500 CLI today when I logged on. I use my card heavily and make several large payments a month ($300-600)

Have no complaints about Cap One. They were there when our credit was a wee bit of a mess - and now that our credit is better, they are still a go to card.

HSBC, on the other hand, will never ever see the light of day with us again.

"Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into" Ollie
Message 11 of 13
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.  I haven't had my even had my card 5 days and it's already maxed.  Waiting for my transactions to post to I can PIF and max it out again!  I suspect that if I use it heavily they'll give me an increase.  We'll see Smiley Tongue

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 12 of 13
lokobo
Regular Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

It seems like the peeps getting a CLI from Cap One are using the card heavily and the ones that don't get a CLI is the ones that have the card in the sock drawer. Thats what it seems like anyways, I don't know that for a fact.

That would make sense, but I was using my card very heavily for 8 to 9 months. Paying it off several times a month to stay under the credit limit, but they still wouldn't budge. Yeah, it's in the sock drawer right now, but that's because they aren't giving me a CLI and I have since been approved for other cards with much higher CLs.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.